Chapter 5

"Another human," Elric stated, glancing at the broken body, "You really can't help yourself can you?" he muttered sending a glare to the witch.

Elric looked like a dark creature, created from the black depths of the ocean. Black hair with blood red tips framed his pale face, glittering black eyes matching the midnight scales of his tail and spikes that traveled up his spine. Gold jewelry covered his wrists and neck, showing off his status as part of the royal members. Full lips hid a series of jagged teeth, a few of them carved with painful looking designs. He would've looked frightening if it weren't the bruise that marred his cruel pretty features.

Zeref frowned, watching the two odd creatures hiss at each other in a strange language that only the two could understand. The two seemed to come to an agreement when Elric mumbled something under his breath and pulling out a dozen glass bottles filled with strange liquids that varied in color.

"I'm going to need your help, Zeref," Elric murmured, his Onyxinian accent marring his speech with a smooth roll of the "r". Zeref gave a slight nod in agreement, cracking his knuckles in preparation.

Morgan shifted close, "Elric and I will speed up his healing process but we need you to pop the bones back into place. We can't have him incorrectly or we'd have to break his bones to put them back the correct way."

Zeref winced but complied. He only hoped the man remained unconscious, he wouldn't wish eternal pain on anyone.

*****

Dimitri didn't know how he fell asleep, he was talking to Castor one moment and the next thing he knew, he had plunged into a warped dream that bothered him.

Faceless men and women lingered around him, bodies draped in expensive cloths and glittering jewels, blending in with the luxurious ballroom. Tall, female marble statues rose towards the glass roof, supporting the ceiling with slender fingers and their unmoving eyes staring longingly at the night sky.

"47," someone murmured, a hand clasping his shoulder. Dimitri turned, coming face to face with a masked man. A white mask covered half of his face, the other half exposed to the golden candle light. Blonde hair grew from his skull, bringing out the golden flecks in his green eyes. Dimitri couldn't bring himself to say a word, watching the corner of the man's lips tilt up in a smirk, "Devil. It suits you," he said, his fingers reaching up to stroking the corner of Dimitri's lips with his soft thumb. He could feel his heart rate rise, his own fingers touching the thin metal playing that covered the top half of his face.

"Who are you?" He whispered to the mystery man. The man merely smiled, "You know we don't tell each other our real names." Dimitri parted his lips to speak but the sharp pain digging into his side began to bring him towards the conscious world. He could hear voices chattering frantically around him, hands gripping his arms.

What was going on?

"Open his mouth!" Someone said just as a pair of hands forces his mouth open, cool liquid filling it, forcing him to swallow the bitterness. He could feel the pain coming from his entire body, almost as his bones had ten a mind of their own and forcing themselves to move through his flesh and mold together. The pain was unimaginable, almost as if hot lava poured itself over his body. But just like how the pain appeared, it quickly dissapiated, leaving a tingling sensation that tickled his skin. He wanted to open his eyes but a wave of exhaustion took over, sending back to the strange dream world.

The dream was different and yet the same. They were both wearing the same clothes, their masks resting on the sides of their heads, hands gripping a pair of guns and firing them. It was strange, feeling the green eyed man moving in perfect synchronization.  Yet, he could sense fear overtaking him when he noticed his gun empty.