Chapter 11

Morgan frowned, glancing at the two vials in his hand. One was clear, the silver liquid inside it swirling with dark and white particles. The other was a green vial, the green liquid inside it glowing within the glass. The two queens had insisted he should take the vials, telling him he would know when to use it.

"Morgan?" Atlantis murmured, catching the witch's eye as they made their way through the ocean currents, the glowing walls of the Sapphire kingdom visible in the distance, "Do you think it's wise about Dimitri?"

Morgan nodded, "From the letter the twins sent, it's only logical we speak with the human first."

Atlantis glanced up towards the surface of the ocean, "A human who has no memory of who he was before."

Morgan smiled, his green eyes meeting gold orbs, "Tell me," he said, "What are the Sapphire's known for?"

Atlantis frowned, "To be honest I don't know. My brother handled most of the royals."

Morgan rolled his eyes,  "Sapphires are known for being intelligent."

The red haired merman snorted, "Zeref I can see but Dimitri not so much."

"You can be intelligent in many things Atlantis. Wisdom is gained through experience and not through age. Dimitri could've been a man of much intelligence before he lost his memory," Morgan said with a soft tone, his fingers clenching around the crystal vial, "Perhaps with this I can return his memories."

They both turned, swimming towards the surface, the sun's heat casting on their backs. Their eyes searched over the coastline, looking for the human male but the found no signs, save for the scattered objects.

"Where is he?" Atlantis squinted.

Morgan furrowed his brows, "Do you think he could be further inland?" The red haired prince parted his lips to speak before he was cut off by a cry. A cry that nearly broke Morgan's heart. The two men turned, swimming against the tide, nearing a large cove that loomed at the edge of the beach. The high tide had risen, allowing the two mers to enter the cove, their bodies barely brushing the rocks. At the very end of the cove was Dimitri, his forehead resting against a large spears. The glowing blue crystals coasted an eerie shadow against the human's skin, .

"Dimitri?" Atlantis whispered, his voice apprehensive.

The human didn't move, almost as the man was stuck in a frozen state. However through the glow of the crystals, Morgan was able to make out the man's steady breathing, almost as if he were asleep.

The witch neared the young man,  his fingers reaching out to touch him but once his fingertips touched his skin, they were immediately scorched. Morgan hissed, recoiling away from Dimitri, holding his blistering fingers to his chest.

"Morgan!" Atlantis said, rushing to his side, "Are you alright? What happened?"

"He's hot," Morgan said with confusion, "But how?" He glanced at Dimitri's face, a strange indentation appearing across the sides of his face as well as the rest of the body.

"By gods," Morgan gasped, nearing the human once more, but far enough as not to burn himself. The indentations in his skin swirled around Dimitri's muscles, a faint tint visible in his skin.

"What?" Atlantis said, his golden eyes wide.

"He's bonding with the Sapphire God," Morgan spoke in awe.

"What? How?" Atlantis exclaimed, "You didn't give him a potion!"

Morgan frowned glancing around the cove and for the first time he noticed strange symbols around the cove, "Well, will you look at that," Morgan mused, a smirk on his lips.

Atlantis furrowed his brows, his golden orbs following the witch's gaze before widening in disbelief, "Holy Mother of Vin Diesel." Morgan glanced him in confusion, making the ex prince meet him with a shrug of his shoulders, "What? Ren says it all the time when she sees something that blows her mind."

Morgan merely chuckled before focusing at the task in hand, "The symbols seem to be ancient. Runes from a very distant past," he murmured.

Atlantis tilted his head, "From the time of the gods?"

Morgan shrugged, "I don't know, we can only wait."
******

Zeref glanced at the mirror, his haggard appearance staring back at him, dark circles visible beneath his tired eyes. It had been days since he had a decent sleep, the child within him forcing him to vomit anything he ate. His fingers slipped towards his stomach, a strange fluttering coming from beneath the skin of his lower abdomen.

A consequence of your drunken actions, Zeref thought with distance, his hands clenching with anger, but it quickly diminished, replaced by defeated exhaustion.

"You know," a soft voice said, forcing Zeref to look at the mermaid he was promised to marry. Violet eyes stared at him, her beautiful features morphing into a mask of understanding, "I can help you."

Zeref snorted and pulled his hair back into a ponytail, "With what Lady Lillian?"

Lady Lillian smiled, making her way into his room, her fingers trailing over her his personal belongings, "You're expecting a child are you not? The kingdom knows not of the predicament every king finds themselves in."

Zeref narrowed his eyes, a frown finding his lips, "What are you suggesting Lady Lillian?"

Lady Lillian smiled, her finger curling around a lock of her dark hair, "Marry me today and not in three months." Zeref felt his heart clench tightly in his chest. Something about the maiden seemed off, making him distrust her. He had hoped to postpone the wedding as much as he could, in hopes of convincing his mother of choosing another bride but the consequence of a night of recklessness made him consider her offer.

"Why in such a hurry?" Zeref murmured.

The mermaid smiled sweetly, "Think of it me trying to keep my image and helping the image of the royal family. I mean, what would happen if the kingdom were to find out about their precious Prince expecting a child?"

"Alright," he murmured softly, glancing at the mirror, the weight on his shoulders becoming even more visible with each passing moment. His eyes fell on the tattoos that covered most of his skin, "I'll marry you tonight."

Vote & Comment! ^.^