Chapter 7

Castor watched his brother enter the training arena with a brooding aura.

"I think our brother is angry," Pollux said with a slight chuckle when their swords clashed against each other's.

Castor smirked, glancing at his brother from the corner of his eye, blue hair spreading around them like a shield, "Indeed brother. You know what Morgan told us to do when they left?"

Pollux grinned, the memory resurfacing.

"We're leaving to the Emerald but we want to ask you two a favor," Morgan said, his taloned hands grasping the bag that clinked with glowing potions.

The twins tilted their heads, curious of the witch's request, "What of it?" they both said.

"Watch the human and your brother," the witch murmured cryptically before swimming away with the red haired prince.

"What do you think Morgan meant?" Pollux said, the memory passing through the twins minds, their bodies pausing the fight. Castor pursed his lips, his blue eyes watching his brooding brother, the heir attacking the Warriors mercilessly but nonetheless training the young warriors in the ways of combat.

  "I think," Castor murmured, resting his hand on his hip, the sword bumping against his hip, "Dimitri might actually be Zeref's savior in the coming weeks."

Pollux snorted, "Zeref won't agree with you. You know how he feels about humans. I bet he'll marry that mermaid before actually consorting with the two legged."

Castor smirked, "Nonsense Pollux. We'll just have him babysit the human more than us, we'll do his work for him just in case Mother begins to suspect his absence."

Pollux curled his lip in distaste, "Mother doesn't care. You know how she feels about Zeref. If we weren't consorting with one another she would have one of us put on the throne before him."

A soft sigh left Castor's lips as he watched his brother with pity, "Mother never liked him."

Pollux slipped his arm around his shoulders, "He's our brother nonetheless. Even if he isn't mother's child." Castor sighed softly, leaning into his lover's touch but he pulled away when he remembered that he was not in their bedroom but in the training arena where most of the kingdom's hardened defenders trained and sentiment was not to be shown. Castor glanced at his hands, the twin blades cold against his palms, the flowing designs matching Pollux's own twin blades.

"Cheer up love," Pollux said, nudging Castor's side, "We'll help our brother, I know how much you care for his well being."

Castor's full lips spread into a smile, his eyes falling on Pollux's blue orbs, "Thank you Pollux."

The corner of his lover's lips tilted upwards, "Anytime love."

*****

"Zeref!" he heard someone call whilst he was clashing  his sword against the young and inexperienced merman, showing him the ways to deflect an incoming blade. The young merman stopped, seeing the twin princes make their way towards the High Prince. Zeref turned, looking at his brothers make their way towards him, their movements in flawless harmony.

The Gemini, his fellow warriors would call the twin lovers. A dangerous pair, their techniques slicing through the enemy. A blur of a thousand blades, the enemy would say, for they were alike in every way. In perfect synchronization, the balance between the two faultless in mind and in body, confiding and protecting each other to a point it was impossible to break the bubble that his brothers had created for themselves. Nonetheless is made Zeref frown. He knew what those twins were like, always up to no good and full of mischief.