Always have a partner when exploring.

Chapter 4

The next morning was rough. Chris woke us up at like 7 in the morning and gave us an hour to get ready and meet him in the mess hall. Of course Heather had to make it worse, she kept staring at Bridgette, Gwen, Leshawna, and I. She also took forever to shower, I asked Lindsay why she was taking so long and she responded with "She likes to have her privacy and I think she mentioned something about not being fully cleaned from a prank."

I rolled my eyes and went back to the cabin. I grabbed the picture I had and headed towards the confessional. Trent, Owen, Geoff, and Duncan were heading to the mess hall when they noticed me. Trent called out "You headed to breakfast?" I looked up and saw them walking towards me. "Nah but I will be in a few." They gave me a confusing look and I said "I need to uh- go for a morning walk before breakfast, I do it every morning."

Geoff kept trying to convince me to let them come with. "Well do you want some company?" "No thanks" "You sure?" "Positive but thanks for the offer." "Are you sure your sure?" "Geoff I'm quite positive that I don't need any company but thanks anyway for the offer. Now if you don't mind I should get going." I jogged past them and all the way to the confessional.

When I got to the confessional I looked around to make sure that no one was looking then stepped inside. "OK so first of all, that prank last night was golden" I started laughing "I mean did you see the look on her face?!?! Oh my gosh it was priceless!" At this point I was practically dying of laughter. "OK OK OK secondly, this is starting to turn out better than I thought. I'm actually kinda glad Austin made me come." I looked down at the picture and smirked. "But I'm also still mad because I am exhausted but no matter, hopefully breakfast is better than what dinner was last night. Probably not but whatever." With that I headed to breakfast.

I was right. The food was actually worse than dinner. This is actually when the day started to turn around. I looked over at the Killer Bass' table and noticed that Zeke was voted off last night. I kinda felt bad for him, I mean it must be embarrassing to be the first person voted off. After a while Chris came in and said "Good morning campers! Slept well I hope. Well anyway meet me at the auditorium in 30 minutes for today's challenge!"

After breakfast we all walked over to the auditorium, each team had their own set of risers which I thought was weird but I didn't think about it to much. "OK campers, today's challenge is a talent show! Each team will choose the 3 most talented teammates to enter the talent show! Each act will be judged by the 'Chef-O-Meter'. You have 1 hour to prepare, good luck!" Each team went back to their cabins, I can't exactly say what the Killer Bass' auditions looked like but I do know that they chose Courtney, DJ, and Justin. My team had difficulty considering the fact that practically everyone ganged up on Heather and she elected herself and Lindsay to be the judges.

The auditions contained of Owen belching his ABC'S, Cody attempting to dance, Bridgette standing on her hands for quite some time , Heather doing ballet, Trent playing guitar, and me singing/ guitar. Of course Heather chose herself to participate, she turned down Owen because his routine was "to gross" but I thought it was awesome. She turned down Cody because he "couldn't dance", she turned down Bridgette because "She ate to much at breakfast." She turned me down but then got the idea of combining my singing with Trent's guitar skills as 1 act. Which left her with one more to choose, so she chose Lindsay (of course) with her make up tutorials.

Everyone went their own way to practice. Trent, Gwen, Leshawna, Duncan, Bridgette, Geoff, Cody, Owen, and I all went to the dock. Trent and I practiced while Geoff, Owen, Cody, Leshawna and Bridgette went swimming. Gwen and Duncan had their bathing suits on, but they just sat next to Trent and me listening.

We had a bit of trouble choosing a song to do, we had to do a song that he knew how to play and a song that I knew the words to. "Trent what songs can you play?" "I can play a lot of songs, what songs do you know the words to?" "A lot" it took a while, but we ended up choosing "One Call Away" By Charlie Puth. We practiced it until it was time to get ready. We all got back to the auditorium and I was rethinking my decision of joining. I was so nervous and I had my fingers crossed that I wouldn't mess up. "Welcome Campers to the Total Drama Island talent show! Each team has chosen 3 different campers to perform, at the end of their performance Chef will give them a rating on his 'Chef-O-Meter.' OK starting the show is Courtney playing the Violin for the Killer Bass." Her performance lasted about 5 minutes, Chef rated her a 6 she was pretty proud but also upset. "OK next up is Heather doing a ballet dance for the Screaming Ducks"