Friends are Most Important

Chapter 10

The next day, Chris gave us a day off, considering the tension that was going on between all of us. Most of the girls hung out at the docks, the ones that weren't at the docks were at the cabins. The guys were on the beach, away from where the girls were, but still in view. I couldn't help but feel like everyone secretly thought that this whole thing was my fault. I don't think I've ever been more on edge than right now.

"Hey, Bridgette and I noticed that you looked a little off. What's up?"

"The guys. I think we should try to make amends with them."

"What? Why?"

"Because, nothing good ever comes out of stuff like this. I mean, even if we don't mean it, we need to do something." We gathered up with the rest of the girls, and I told them the plan.

"And what if we can't act?"

"Well then Beth, stay quiet and let me do the talking." We headed back to the guys, and interrupted their game of football.

"Alright, we need to talk" They walked over and faced us. It looked like it was going to be a surf and turf war.

"What do you want Clover?"

"Well, Trent, I think we need to make an amends if we're going to be forced to be on teams together." He looked around.

"And you all agree with this?" all of the girls nodded their heads and replied "Yes."

The guys had their own little huddle to decide whether it was worth it or not. "Fine, we'll give. But, don't expect us to have fun with you girls anymore."

"Wouldn't dream of it." With that, the girls walked away and the guys continued their game.

"Do you really think that worked?"

"No idea, Bridge, but I hope so." The rest of the day was kind of smooth. I didn't run into Duncan until dinner. But, he couldn't stop staring at me. The whole dinner was filled with awkward glances and death stares. The following days weren't that bad. Aside from the terrible challenges, and losing Leshawna, and Harold. The week was pretty good. The war between the girls and guys continued throughout the week as well. Despite the amends we made, the guys continued to prank us and just piss us off all around. It seemed like Duncan had taken my advice, he started to hang out with Courtney more often. *From the confessional* "If I have to be honest, I'm a little upset about Duncan and Courtney. I never thought I'd admit it, but I'd never tell him that. But, I do kind of miss him. Maybe I'll go back to the cave, and set up the cameras." I exited the confessional and went to get my photography stuff. I headed towards the woods and glanced over at Duncan's table. Of course, he was there with Courtney. I turned my head to look at my feet and continued to the cave.

~DUNCAN'S POV~

I took what Clover had said into consideration. I started to hang out with Courtney, but I couldn't help to feel like I was cheating. I mean, Courtney is really nice and cute and stuff. But I've been through so much with Clover that I can't help thinking I'm doing something wrong. After dinner, I was at my table with Courtney, when Clover passed by to go to the woods. I figured she was going to go to the cave. 'I could've sworn she said that she didn't have a map?'  I watched as she entered the woods with a huge duffel bag with her.

"You okay?"

I turned my attention from Clover, and focused it on Courtney. "Uh- yeah. I'm good"

"Okay, well, I'm gonna head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." She headed to her cabin after that, and I decided I should follow Clover. I headed over to my cabin, grabbed a flashlight and the map. I followed the map out to the cave, and went inside. I noticed that the door around the corner was opened and, so naturally, I went in. I tried to call out to Clover.