Get lots of sleep

Chapter 5

I quickly looked around for a place to hide, the door started to slowly open when I finally found a hiding place. I jumped to the right and grabbed a sheet. I quickly threw the sheet over me and stood as still as possible. Yes I know it was a stupid hiding spot but I needed to act fast. The sheet was kind've see through, so I could make out that it was, in fact, a person.

I couldn't actually see who it was but they looked awfully familiar. I could tell that they were looking for something but couldn't find it. So they left. I stayed hidden for a couple more minutes. After about like 2 minutes I came out from my hiding place, and looked out the window to see the light of their lantern slowly going out of view.

I tried to retrace their steps but it wasn't easy, being that the sheet wasn't fully see through and kind've dirty. I was in there for about 2 hours after that. I suddenly woke up, I'm not sure what time it was but, I knew it was morning. I got up, grabbed my lantern, and left. I walked all the way back to the cabins and noticed that everyone was still asleep, I snuck inside of my cabin and grabbed my bathroom stuff and clothes. I went to the bathroom and took a shower, then got ready for the day. I was brushing my teeth when I remembered the night before.

I remembered the cave and the wall drawings and the second glass I found. I finished up in the bathroom and went to put my stuff away. I was walking towards the woods when Chris woke everyone else up. I couldn't go exploring with them watching so I stopped at the table I met Duncan at the night before.

"Good Morning Campers! Hope you slept well and are energized! You're gonna need your energy for todays challenge haha! You have one hour until breakfast!" "You look awful, what happened?" I looked up and saw Duncan standing over me. "So you gonna answer or just keep starin'?" "I didn't sleep well" he looked at me with a confused face, then sat down next to me.

In a whispered tone he asked "Were you thinking about the cave?" "No, I..I....I couldn't get comfortable" I knew I should've told the truth, but I wasn't sure if it was a dream or not. "You sure?" "Ya, positive actually" "OK well see you at breakfast." He got up and left.

Once again I was sitting at that table alone, it took me a while to get up and go to breakfast. But when I finally got up, I ended up walking with Cody. He was pretty full of himself and had a massive crush on Gwen. He kept talking about how he was such a ladies man back home. I wasn't really paying attention, because I was so tired. When we got to the mess hall, I sat down and just slammed my head on the table.

"What's wrong with you?" I lifted my head just enough to see who was talking. And to no surprise it was Heather. "None of your concern!" She scoffed "Well I hope you enjoyed that payback I gave you." She smirked and I sat up straight. "Oh right. The cute little mouse that did little to no harm? Oh ya I definitely enjoyed putting him outside." I smirked, she huffed and left. I put my head back down when Bridgette, Gwen, Leshawna, and Cody sat down. Cody was trying to impress Gwen but it wasn't working. Everyone else was eating when Leshawna finally spoke. "Girl what is wrong with you?" I looked up, "Ya, you look like you got hit by a bus." I glared at Geoff and quietly said "I had a rough night." I got up and started to leave, Trent called out behind me, "Wait! Where ya goin?" I turned around and stated "For a walk." then left. I was gone for almost an hour when I ran into Duncan. Literately, I fell and hit the ground hard. I looked up and he was standing over me, he had his hand out as if he wanted to help me up. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up. "You ok?" "Ya, I..I think so." I said rubbing my head. "Glad I found you." "Why?"

"The challenge duh." I looked around and didn't see anything different. "Where is it?" "C'mon I'll show you." He started to walk away, I trudged behind him we walked over to a gym. "Ugh gym?" He chuckled and opened the door. "Look who I found!" I looked around and saw that we were playing dodgeball. My team already had a score of 6 while the other team had a score of 5. "Dodge ball? We're playing dodgeball? Man I hate dodgeball." Geoff laughed "What you bad at it or something?" "Ya. I suck at it" When it got to my turn to play it was Geoff, Trent, Lindsay, Owen and me against DJ, Cody, Courtney, Katie and Harold. I stood behind the guys, Owen was doing super good. When I peeked out to see who was winning I saw that Lindsay was already out. Which made the score even. Owen eventually got out by Courtney, DJ got Geoff out and Trent got DJ out. Trent and I were the only ones left on our team. Trent threw the ball and it hit Harold then bounced off the wall and hit Cody. So it was Trent and me against Courtney and Katie. Courtney went to throw the ball at Trent, I jumped in front of him and caught it. I looked up and smirked, I threw the ball and it hit Courtney then bounced off her and hit Katie.

"I thought you sucked at dodgeball?" I turned around and saw that Geoff was in shock. I smiled "Oh. I do, I just have some pretty good reflexes." "OK campers! The Screaming Ducks won this challenge. Which means Killer Bass! I'll be seeing you at the campfire again tonight!" We went back to the cabins and I instantly fell asleep. I was out for an hour or 2 when I heard a loud thump on the wall. It was so loud that it made me fall out of bed. I went outside and saw that everyone was sitting around a campfire together. I went to the side of the cabin and noticed a note by the window. It read "If you're reading this then that means that my thump woke you up. You were out for 2 and a half hours!! Look, I wanna talk. Meet me down at the dock in 10 minutes. And bring your guitar and notebook. Oh! one more thing. Thanks ;) - ME." I peered around the cabin and saw that nobody was missing. I figured that it was Trent so I went into the cabin, gathered my stuff and headed down to the docks.

I know that it was early but I wanted to get some fresh air. I was down there for about 6-7 minutes when I heard footsteps. I looked behind me but didn't see anyone. I shrugged and went back to writing in my notebook. "Hey. I thought I said 10 minutes not now." I turned around and saw the "lovely" Duncan. I stood up and walked over to him. "What do you want? and why did you wake me up?" He looked around to make sure no one could hear him and then walked out to the end of the dock. I followed him. He was looking blankly into the distance I looked up at him and saw that he was concentrating. I looked out into the distance "mfhm You know, I thought this camp was gonna be lame." He looked over at me but I didn't take my eyes off the view once. "Turns out its not as bad as I thought it'd be." I looked over at him and smiled. "So. What'd you wanna talk about?"

He looked back into the distance and sighed. His eyes were focused on the moons reflection in the water. "Remember the favor you owe me?" "Ya." "Well I'm cashing it in now." "No no no. I already payed it." He looked at me and frowned. "No you didn't."

"Yes I did. When we went and explored the cave. That was the favor." He laughed "Nah you could've said no but you decided to say yes. So therefore it technically isn't considered a favor." He smirked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Fine, so what do you want?" "I'll tell you but not now. Later, when I actually need it." And he left. I rolled my eyes grabbed my stuff and headed back to the cabins. I went into my cabin got my toothbrush and toothpaste. I went to the bathroom and got ready for bed. I climbed into bed and layed there looking up at the ceiling for a couple of hours then fell asleep.