Fears aren't always what they seem

Chapter 7

I woke up to a thud on the window. I glanced at my phone to check the time, it was almost 1. "Shit! Duncan." I threw my pillow on the ground and jumped on it. "Whose there?" I turned around and saw that Heather was awake. "Relax it's just me." "Where are you going? It's 1 in the morning." "I can't sleep so, I'm gonna take a walk." She layed back down, I grabbed my coat, backpack, flashlight and left.

I walked over to the table and saw Duncan was waiting for me irritably. He got up and headed towards the woods. I ran after him and walked with him silently. When we got to the cave, my phone beeped. "Shit the camera!" I thought. I turned off the sound real quick. "What was that?" "Sorry, I forgot my sound was on." He rolled his eyes and entered the cave. I followed quickly behind him and flashed my light on the walls. "Duncan?" I turned around and saw that he's already turned the corner. "Duncan!" He was ignoring me, "Great, the guy that I've trusted to bring me in the woods at night is now ignoring me." I rolled my eyes and continued to look at the walls. I shined my light all around the cave.

CRASH! I turned around to see where the noise came from. CRASH! It came from where Duncan was. "Duncan?! Duncan are you ok?!" I ran around the corner and saw that he got the door opened. I ran through the door and down the stairs. "Duncan? Duncan are you in here?" I shined my flashlight and looked around. I could hear something coming from the left. "Duncan?" I jogged left and saw Duncan laying on the ground with a bunch of boxes and stuff on top of him. "Duncan!" I ran over to him and knelt down. I started taking boxes and stuff off of him. We heard something from inside the cave, I was just finishing up getting the last of the extra stuff off him when someone closed the cave door. I looked up and saw a shadow coming down the stairs. I helped Duncan up and looked around for somewhere to hide.

I pushed him off to the side and covered him up with some stuff I found. "Stay here and stay quiet I'll be back." I ran over to the stairs and looked up. Whoever it was, is gone now. I looked around to make sure that they were, in fact, gone. I went back over to Duncan and uncovered him. I grabbed his arm and walked up the stairs. I set him down and tried the door. "It won't budge" I looked around for another exit. "You're the one that found the cave and got the door opened. Did you find any other exit?" He just looked up at me and looked away. I rolled my eyes and tried the door again. I remembered about the camera and checked my phone. I watched as someone walked into the cave just after I ran to find Duncan. They looked awfully familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on who they were. They looked around then walked over to the door, walked through, left, and closed the door. (I was able to sneak a camera inside the cave.) I looked around behind us and decided that I should set up some cameras in here too. "That's a plan for another day" Duncan looked up at me and cocked an eyebrow. I walked down the stairs and started to look around to see if there was any other exit. After 30-40 minutes I returned to Duncan. "Well, looks like we're stuck here all night." I plopped down across from him, "You ever gonna talk to me again?" He looked over at me and I finally got a good look at his face. He was cut and bleeding. "Oh my god Duncan! What happened?" He looked away and I crawled over to him. "Duncan, look at me." He closed his eyes and turned his head further away from me.

"Duncan, please. If you're mad that I was late, I'm sorry I fell asleep and didn't realize what time it was."  I looked at him and saw that he started to bleed more. I took my backpack off and got out my first aid kit. He kept squirming away from me, finally I pinned him down and started to wipe the blood off. "Duncan, stop squirming and let me help." He finally stopped squirming and gave in. I finished cleaning up the blood and put some bandages on. I wiped up his hands and got up. I threw out the used gauges. He looked over at me and sighed "Clover?" I refused to look over at him. "Clover listen, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have stormed off like that" I sighed heavily and made sure to keep all eye contact with him at zero. He sighed and came to sit next to me. He grabbed my hand and I pulled it away. He grabbed my hand again and this time, he held it tighter. "Sorry Clover. Really, I am. But, there's something I've been meaning to do." He pulled me to my feet and pushed me up against the door. His eyes were locked onto mine, slowly, he leaned in. His lips met mine, at first it was slow but, it quickly escalated. His lips were soft and warm. I didn't want to continue the kiss but, I couldn't bring myself to pull away or stop it. The next thing I knew was that he was moving to the ground and pulling me with him. Not breaking the kiss. I ended up on the floor on my back, and he was on top of me. We were still in a very passionate kiss. His hands started to caress my face and body. He slowly moved up to my hair and pulled it a little bit. I felt his hands move off of me, and while not breaking the kiss he started to take his shirt off. That was it. I kneed him in the nuts and he fell to the side.