Relax when you have the chance

Chapter 6

The next morning Chris woke us up semi-early. When we arrived at breakfast I looked over at the Killer Bass' table and saw that they voted off Katie. "You look better than you did yesterday. Sleep better?" I looked up and saw Trent walking over to the table. I chuckled "Ya, and that nap I took definitely helped too." He sat down across from me and started to pick at his food. "Man, what does Chef put into this stuff?" I laughed and looked down at the slop they pass off for food.

Chris walked in excitedly and told us our challenge for the day. "Campers! Your challenge for the day is... there is none!! Today you guys get to explore camp and do some team bonding. So after breakfast head back to the cabins and relax!!" I looked over at Owen and saw that he was inhaling his food. He looked up at me "Hehe you gonna finish that?" I passed him my tray "Knock yourself out." I got up and decided to practice my songs. I got back to the cabins and grabbed my guitar and notebook. When I got down to the dock I saw that practically everyone was swimming, I went and sat on the beach. I unpacked my guitar and notebook and started to practice. "You wrote that?" I looked up and saw that DJ walked over to me with a bunny.  I smiled. "Yea, cute bunny." He looked over at his bunny. "Thanks his names Bunny. I was wondering if you could watch him while I went swimming?" "Sure no problem. He could help me with my songs." "Thanks Clover." He set Bunny down and went swimming.

Cody came and sat down next to me. "Hey Clover." "Hey Cody. What's up?" "Well I was wondering if you could give me some advice?" I glanced up from my journal and looked at him. "Advice for what?" He looked around sheepishly before speaking. "I-I uh was wondering if you could help me with girl advice?" I closed my notebook and put my guitar down. "Sure. What ya need?" "Well I like this girl and I don't know how to talk to her and I was wondering if you could help me with talking to her?" I looked around to everyone swimming and tried to remember the girl he told me about a couple days ago. "Well, first of all what do you usually try to talk to her about?" "Well I usually talk about what life is like back home and then I-" "THATS IT!"

He looked up at me and I could tell that he was confused. "Uh what I mean is you shouldn't talk about yourself. Talk about her, figure out what she likes, her hobbies, what life is like for her back home. Figure out if you guys have anything in common. Y'know? Don't just be self conceited and talk about yourself, show her you're interested in her and her life. You understand?" He nodded his head. "Ya, I do. Thanks." "No problem." He got up and left. I got my guitar and notebook back out and tried to finish my song. After about an hour DJ came back for Bunny. I handed him his rabbit, he said his thanks and left. I stayed on the beach for a couple of hours when I started to drift off to sleep. I could hear people talking behind me. I turned around and saw Heather and Lindsay talking about something that I didn't care about that much. I packed up my things and walked back to the cabin.

As I walked back up to the cabins, I saw Duncan sitting at what appears to be his favorite table. I put my things in the cabin and walked back over to him. "So, is this like your favorite table or what?" He looked up at me and I smiled. "It's not that, it's just that nobody seems to really come to this table so its perfect to keep secrets at." I looked down at the table and saw he had a notebook with him. "That your diary?" I said with a laugh. "No, it's the journal I keep my secrets and findings in." I looked at him and smirked "So basically a diary." He rolled his eyes and got up. We were standing face to face when he leaned in and whispered "Meet me here tonight I have something to show you." Then he left, I watched as he walked away and then I saw Gwen and Bridgette looking at me with smiles on their faces. They walked over to me and just stood there for a couple minutes. "So what was that about?" Bridgette said with a smirk. I looked at her and rolled my eyes, "Nothing I was just making fun of him." Gwen looked at me and I could tell by the look on her face that she didn't believe me. "Mmhm sure, then why'd he lean in?" I looked at them and went speechless. "It's not what- ugh I mean we didn't- err What you saw wasn't- ah That's not what it was supposed to- gah what I'm trying to say is that--" Gwen cut me off. "What you're trying to say is that you guys kissed and you can't find a good enough cover up." "No no no!! What I'm trying to say is that he just had to tell me something but he whispered it so he had to lean in." They raised their eyebrows and looked at me with smirks "Mhmm sure. Whatever you say." I let out a heavy sigh and decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my headphones and started to walk into the woods. I'm not sure how long I was out there but when I finally decided to stop.. I was lost. I tried ignore the fact that I was lost but it wasn't working. I started to walk in the opposite direction when I heard a stick break behind me. I stopped and turned around, I scanned the area but couldn't see anyone or anything. I took a deep breath and turned back around "It was just the wind. It was just the wind. It was just the wind. It was just the-" CRACK I whirled around and this time I saw a shadow. I couldn't decide if I should start running or go investigate. But of course my dumbass went and investigated no matter how badly I wanted to turn and run my legs refused to.