Chapter One: New Friend

• Dedicated to Authors Everywhere

"Shh." The comforting voice continues to whisper. Although, I don't stop crying.

"What happened?" I ask through sobs.

"You were hurt." The voice replies.

"How?" I ask.

"Ah... someone got in your head." The voice whispers into my ear.

"Into my head." I murmur. More to myself then the voice.

"Yeah." The voice says as though replying to it as a question.

"H-How?" I stutter.

"It's alright, you'll be okay now." The voice says, advoiding my question. I open my eyes and look up, the voice is a boy. He has strange white blonde hair with electric blue eyes. He's wearing a simple gray hoodie and jeans.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Someone, here to take you home." He replies. His arms slide under my legs and back. Then he effortlessly picks me up. I snuggle into his chest, even though I didn't know him. I feel... protected in his arms.

"What the hell are you doing with her?" Someone asks behind us, it's a boys voice so I take it as that.

"Taking her home." My protector replies.

"I'm her friend, I should be taking her home!" The strange boy says.

"Such a nice friend... offering to carry her all the way home because you two walked here. But yet, you led her into these peoples trap." My protector says his voice going hard.

"I didn't! We were walking by here because we were going to do our studying at the coffee shop at the end of the road. Then someone pulled us into here." The boy replies, his voice now coming from right beside me.

"Hmm, I guess I should've thrown that person into another wall." My protector mutters to himself.

"What?" The boy asks.

"Nothing." My protector replies.

"Where are you taking her?" The boy asks.

"Home... now get in the car." My protector replies.

I hear the boy opening and closing the car door. Then I'm being set gently into the passenger seat. That's when I realize my eyes have been closed just about the whole time... I've only been half conscious. I try to stay up in the seat but my head hits the back, and I have no control over it. My protecter is carefully putting on my seat belt... his body temperture was cold though, colder than it should be. I hear my door close and soon after another door open. My protector comes into the car and starts the engine. Then the car moves and we start the drive home.

"Where to?" My protector asks.

The boy in the back seat tells him directions to both his house and mine. The car suddenly stops and then the boy opens the door.

"Thanks man... make sure she gets home safely." The boys says, then the door slams and I'm left in the car alone with my protecter. I try to say something, but nothing works. Finally we slow into a stop and the driver door is opened... and left open. My door is then being open and my protectors cold hands undo my seat belt. He picks me up like he did before and carries me to a porch. He sets me on a swing... a large one, but my brain is to fuzzy to know what kind of swing I'm on.

"You'll be safe now." My protector whispers into my ear.

"My protector." I murmur, happy I was able to get something out. My protector chuckles.

"Yeah, something like that." He says. Then footsteps go down porch steps and a car starts, then the car sounds fade away and I fall asleep.

***