Chapter Thirteen: Finding Cezar

"Okay look, yesterday I kept it in. But Ivy how the hell did you make snow?" Ken asks. I had spent the night at the Evans after watching Mulan. Ken and Thalia went home though. Once I woke up I went home to have breakfast and spend some time with Ken. 

We are all in the kitchen (mom included) and I can tell Ken was holding in the question for a while. Mom looks up at me and gives me a look of disapproval. Her face says 'what did you do'.

"Well Thalia, I guess it's up to you then." I say. Ken needs to know about us before he and Thalia go any farther in their relationship anyway.

"Yeah, it's probably time anyway..." Thalia says. 

"Time for what?" Ken asks.

"C'mon Ken, I have to... show you something." Thalia says. With that they head out the door.

"You made snow?" Mom asks.

"Uh... yeah." I say. 

"That's pretty epic." Mom says.

"Oh and that's why I love you mom! You never seem to get mad!" I laugh.

From there we eat our breakfast in silence.

***

Tomorrow way to far away, and we can't get back yesterday, but it's on right now, we got right now- I start to sing in my head.

"Shut up Ivy." Caine says interupting.

"Sorry." I mutter. We are supposed to be talking on how to find Cezar... but I have no interest and I let my mind wander. 

"Hopefully everyone realizes Ivy isn't paying much attention." Caine announces.

"Sorry, but it gets boring after a while." I say to my defence.

"At least you could try to pay attention." Caine says. I roll my eyes. Caine - for some reason - isn't in a good mood today. Today we are going to start a search for Cezar too. We were supposed to look for him yesterday but we decided to take that day off after Thalia said she needed to spend time with Ken. She just told him about all our angel stuff and she needed the day with him. 

"So Ivy and Damian will go check the school, Thalia, Hazel and Ken will go check the nature trail, and areas around there. Caine and Shawn will check uptown, and Ellie, Odette and I will check downtown." Greg says. I shiver as he says my moms name. I rarely hear her name. I love the way it sounds and spelt... Odette. But I barely use it, the name is almost foreign on my tongue. 

"So what exactly are we looking for?" I ask.

"Anything bad, like people suddenly becoming angry with each other for no reason. Wherever this feeling within people is the strongest, Cezar or another strong demon must be around." Greg replies. I nod and stand up.

"If anyone finds anything send a signal." Greg says.

"A signal?" I ask tilting my head. 

"Another thing angels... and demons can do." Greg says.

"How?" I ask.

"Scream and focus your scream towards someone." Greg says simply. With that we all head out the door on our search for Cezar.

***

"Won't humans hear our signal?" I ask as we pull into the school parking lot.

"No, if we were just screaming they'd hear us, but in a signal no." Damian replies. We get out of the car and look around. It's strange, so many cars are here... it's March break, why would so many people want to be at school. The school stays open every March break for people who need to study or need help from a teacher, extra tutoring, stuff like that.