Chapter Thirty Four: Cezars Funeral

I walk to my closet and pull out the black dress I had bought a while ago.

I put it on, and then put black makeup on, a smokey eye using all black colours and pure black lipstick. I put on black heels before putting my hair in a messy side ponytail with a black ribbon.

Cezar loved the colour black. It only seemed proper not only to wear black for his funeral, but also in memory of him.

I walk downstairs, Thalia, mom and Devin are all waiting, also dressed in black. We walk silently out to the car, umbrellas in our hands. How cliché that it might rain.

Mom drives us to the funeral. We get out and walk to the grave, where the Evans already are. No one else is there, just us.

We walk over and I look at the coffin where Cezars body is in. Tears already start to spring my eyes.

"I'll start." Mom says. She walks to the grave, standing right on the end. She says a few words before throwing in some dirt and stepping back. Everyone slowly goes until it's just Caine, Thalia and I left.

Caine steps up, and takes a deep breath. "I guess, I have to apologize for tying you to a chair." He says. I give a sad smile at that memory. Caine says a few more words before throwing in more dirt and stepping away.

Thalia steps up. She looks at the coffin in the grave.

"I want to thank you for my life. You saved me. You saved my sister. You truly are good Cezar. I want you to know that I am forever in your debt. If you can somehow communicate from wherever you are, just ask and I'll do. Please, know that I'll always keep my promise, no matter the age I live to." Thalia says. She throws in dirt and lies down a rose before walking back to us. Finally it's my turn. I take the rose from Damian's hand, and step up to the grave.

"Cezar, I truly do love you. As a friend, even a brother. You mean so much to me. You saved me from Ezrod, and my sister from death. I also will hold true to my sisters promise. Whatever you need of me, I'll be here. I promise to try my best living a happy life." Tears are already spilling, ruining my mascara. "And God, give Cezar a second chance. Cezar truly is an amazing person. He shouldn't have been born demon. Let him go to heaven. Let him live on in peace. And please tell him that if he isn't happy up there, when I die, I'll personally kick his ass for not being happy." Everyone behind me gives sad chuckles. "Cezar, I wish you were here. I wish you could continue helping us. You were amazing. And I can't believe I'm doing this, but I accept your death. I'll try my best to be happy, and not mourn, making others miserable. Just please know, I love you." I finish. Tears are spilling so freely, I'm amazed I haven't yet made a river.

I throw my dirt in, then I lay my rose beside Thalias.

"Goodbye Cezar." I say quietly. I step back and cry into Damian's arms. Rain starts to pour down. No one moves. Everyone paying their last respects to Cezar.

Slowly Ellie, Greg and mom all leave. Then Caine, Hazel, Shawn, Thalia and Devin all leave.

Damian and I are left. Standing in the pouring rain.

"C'mon Ivy. Let's go home." Damian says quietly. I nod before turning to Cezars grave once more. We've gotten someone to put dirt over it later. I read the gravestone which I wrote.

Here lies Cezar.
The one friend that people would die for.
The one friend who sacrifices himself for others.
The one friend that everyone loves.

I sigh. Damian starts to pull me away. But I can't help but say one last goodbye.

"Goodbye Cezar." I whisper.

____________________________________

... So sad.

I know it's short, but I promise another chapter for this weekend. Just because this one is so short.

Happy?

Haha. Any way, I can't believe it! They still haven't got our Remembrance Day posters back yet! I want to know who wiiiiiins!

I also have an assignment, and it's comparing the book and movie. Part of the assignment is to draw a poster promoting whichever you liked better, the book or movie. I chose book. :)

Any way, you probably don't wanna hear about my personal life sooooo

Hope you enjoyed!

Love all my readers! (We're almost at 100 votes! O.O so happy!)