Chapter Eighteen: I Didn't Ask Enough Questions

I wake up to the plain hospital room. Everything that happened hits me in the head. I sit up and look at my side. It's not as painful as before, it's not bad enough for me to want to die anymore. 

"Hey Ivy." Thalia says. My head whips up, the Evans, Thalia, Mom and Ken are all here. 

"How long have I been out?" I ask. Looking down at the IV in my arm, I turn to it a glare, I am going to rip it off me if the doctors don't take it off soon. 

"This is your fifth day here." Hazel says.

"You guys haven't been here the whole time right? Like, you guys actually went out to live your life... right?" I ask. 

"Damian and Thalia have stayed the whole time." Ellie replies.

"Seriously you two?" I ask, looking at each of them.  

"Well I was worried... but you've been gaining a new power when here and I waited to see what it is." Thalia says.

"Has it finished?" I ask, looking at the clothes mom is handing me. 

"Not quite, it's almost done though." Thalia replies. The nurse with the bad aura comes in with food. Pain flickers in my mind...  it's not from m body, it's mental pain. Where it's coming from? I think it's her. She smiles at me, and I glare.

"Ivy, it's nice to see you're awake." She says.

"Get out." I say, pushing back my growl.

"Ivy are you alright?" The nurse asks. 

"I said get out." I say to her. Anger washes into me and it threatens to make me do something stupid. 

"Ivy please tell-" She starts putting her hand on my head. I grab her arm and twist it, interupting her.

"GET OUT!" I scream at her. She yelps in pain and runs out of the room. 

"Ivy what was that?" Mom asks disaprovingly.

"She's not normal... she's not human... she's hurting me." I say, rubbing my temples as the mental pain disappears. 

"She's not a demon or an angel though." Shawn says.

"I don't like her." I say shaking my head.

"It's true, the nurse was hurting Ivy. But it wasn't intentionally." Caine says.

"What is she?" I ask.

"I think she's in the process of becoming a demon." Greg says. I look over at him then something pricks my skin. I look down at the IV, it is pressing into my skin. I growl and pull it out. 

"Ivy!" Mom, Ellie, Hazel and Thalia all say in disaproval.

"It was bugging me!" I whine. Then pain flares in my side. I yelp in surprise and clutch it like it's my life line. I moan and pull my legs up to my body. Ignoring the clothes mom put on the bed falling to the ground. 

"Ivy, what's wrong?" Damian asks, his voice so clouded with worry and pain, I literally want to tell him nothing so he'd feel better.

"It's..." I start, but the pain goes done until it's just a little sting. "It's gone." I say, straightening my legs out again. 

"Ivy... whatever you do don't scream." Thalia says suddenly.

"Why?" I ask.

"Your power, the one I said was growing... it's with your voice. If you scream it'll break all the glass within ten feet of you." Thalia says.

"Is that why you were all covering your ears?" I ask.

"Ivy your screams are louder and higher pitched than the strange alien sci-fi sounds you hear on TV and stuff." Shawn says.