1. Candles and Birds

I placed the last of my clothes into the mahogany wooden bureau. The bedroom was kind of bland, they probably left it like that because it was a guest room. But seeing that they gave it to me, I can now decorate it the way I like it. It's much more bigger than my old room, it has a walk-in closet and a cute window seat. Everything was bigger and a higher number in variety. This is surely something that I will have to get used to.

According to Aunt Marin, there was an important matter that was in need of discussing. I'm not exactly sure what they were talking about, but I was indeed curious. I let out a large sigh before I made my way back downstairs.

"Okay, I'm ready for the discussion of the important matter." I pursed my lips as I sat at the table. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed a very unnecessary amount of candles scattered around the room. All of the lights were out and they were both sitting at the table in darkness.

"And why we here sitting around in darkness?" I quirked up an eyebrow, even though I'm quite sure they're not able to see my facial expression. This entire scene is kinda freaking me out.

"I'm sure you can be the solution to that." I heard Aunt Marin speak calmly. That was her voice normally, it was calm and soothing. I would love to hear her read me a bedtime story, or just talk all day about something interesting. Maybe about how amazing Harry Styles is, now that- she can talk about that for ages.

"Uh, sure." I furrowed my eyebrows as I made my way over to the light switch.

"No. Not like that." She halted me before I could've arrived to it. I froze in my place as I turned to her with wide eyes. She couldn't possibly be meaning the way that I think she is? But no, she couldn't have been meaning that way- no one knew other than my mother and Ava. Those were the only two persons in my life and the only two persons I trust.

I wish that I can just melt into the ground so that I can escape from the incredibly awkward situation that I want no part of.

"Don't worry, Carson. We know." Uncle Alan said, filling the silence. I shook my head as I swallowed thickly, making my way over to the table where they were. "Your mom told us everything and like I said, you can trust us."

I sighed, nodding even though the room was still dark. "Okay." I spoke silently as I closed my eyes. There was a clear vision of the room inside of my mind once I closed my eyes. Every candle that's in the vision, I imagined them to be lit. After feeling warmness quickly surrounding me, I opened my eyes to see each of the candles ignited.

I grinned widely as I looked behind me, seeing those candles lit as well. It was one of my most favorite and simple tricks that I had been taught. My mother would always have me doing it for her at night, she loved the scent of them. Apple Cinnamon, that was her favorite candle scent.

I looked over to see my aunt and uncle both smiling at me. I shrugged nonchalantly, it was nothing in my eyes. Yes I just did magic, but I didn't see anything extraordinary about it. "Are you guys both like me?" I questioned, tilting my head.

Aunt Marin shook her head as my uncle began to speak, "We're emissaries. We fall along the witch family, we just don't have any magic." He revealed as I nodded in understanding. "Now Carson, what you have is an extremely amazing ability. But it can also be very dangerous to your body and to your social life. You must know that you can't tell any and everyone about your powers, you're a Jenner witch. Your bloodline is filled with the most powerful witches there are, and all of their powers descended to you." Uncle Alan continued as my eyes widened.

"Carson, you're one of the most powerful witches there are right now. You need to be careful and keep your powers sealed. If you get angrier than usual or overly hurt, your powers may spiral out of control and hurt the ones around you. I've watched it happen before." Aunt Marin warned me, her once calm voice was now serious and was coated with caution. I sat back in my chair as I focused on the candle in front of me. "Did you experience anything like that before?" She questioned.