24. Immense Darkness

✘ ✘

After I got over the intensively gob-smacking fact that they woke up after 16 hours of being dead, something switched in my head and I lunged my body towards Scott. I think I caught him by the element of surprise, due to him freezing up a bit. But once Scott registered what was happening, his arms snaked around my waist and he pulled my closer to his body. Even though he was still drenched in water, I didn't care, I just wanted to hold him in my arms and to never let go. Kissing him right now wasn't even a necessity, I just wanted to feel his arms around my waist and my head buried in his neck.

"I th- I thought I killed you guys." I cried softly, moving my down onto his shoulder as I stared at the floor. We were off in the corner as the rest conversed among each other, but I just needed to be with Scott. "The spell.."

"The spell worked, Carson. It worked." Scott said with finality and comfort in his voice as he pulled back momentarily to look into my eyes. His beautiful brown orbs were enough to send warmth through my body, making my need for him almost insatiable.

"Well, I do have better news." I started as Scott nodded, signalling for me to go on. "I finally told Derek and Cora that we're related." I said, not being able to refrain the huge smile that was creeping up on my face.

"W-what? You did? Well how did he react?" Scott urged on as his eyes lit up, causing me to chuckle softly. He seems way more excited than I was.

"Well, at first I could've told that he was a bit skeptical, mainly because of my timing. But I used a spell to show him my memories, and Scott it was beautiful." I spoke, feeling my tears well up at the bottom of my eyes. "We both talked and talked about what wonders Talia did. How she helped both me and Beacon Hills. Scott, she was phenomenal." I explained further, smiling widely as the conversations replayed in my head. "I'm really glad I did it."

"I'm more than glad that you did." Scott said, pressing his forehead against mine, causing me to absentmindedly wince slightly. His eyebrows then furrowed as he moved his eyes up to my temple. "What happened?" Scott questioned, his tone more serious.

"She used too much of her power without controlling it." My uncle came forward, answering for me as I felt myself shrink under their gazes. "However, she did complete the spell. She was relentless." He added on as I stared up at him.

"Well, is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I questioned as a small smirk formed onto his face.

"Both."

I rubbed my shoulders anxiously as I looked down at the ground, shaking my head slightly. "Let's not focus on my mistakes that happened in the past." I said nodding my head over to the group who were in the back as both Scott and I began walking over to them. "The full moon is in less than 4 hours, and you guys don't have a solid plan yet." I said, getting the attention of all of them. Allison looked up from her towel, narrowing her eyes with me.

"What do you mean 'you guys'? Carson, you're with us." Allison spoke as I frowned, shaking my head slightly.

"Both Scott and I have to go back to Deucalion."

"No, dude, you are not going back with them. Neither are you, Carson." Stiles spoke up, pointing a finger to me as he walked over and took a seat near us.

"We made a deal with Deucalion." Scott tried to explain, but the rest of our friends weren't having it. Solely by their facial expressions, they were strongly against us leaving with Deucalion for the second time. And seeing that they're all here, they thought that maybe they can dissuade us.