13. Incendia

incredibly long chapter ahead!

✘ 

Need to talk. Just you.

I read the text that Lydia had just sent to Stiles. If there is something really going on, which I am 110% sure about, we will have to tell Stiles. I was feeling very queasy about Stiles leaving Scott alone if persons actually are killing themselves. If something happens to Scott whiles he is alone, I will make the 202nd suicide that this hotel can count, not literally though obviously. But, I will literally hate myself and believe it or not, I'm actually starting to get pretty fond of Scott's company.

Sure all of them has been nice, and sure his best friend thinks that I am a dark druid who sacrifices people, but will it hurt if I show a tad bit of affection towards him? Actually, it probably will. As much as I don't want to admit it, I hated my time being in this town. All of those magical talismans and the supernatural beacon that has been situated in this town causes my powers to go haywire. Maybe if I didn't meet Scott and friends, I probably was going to be back at home with my best friend Ava and her cousin, Flora who is also my bestfriend that visits almost every month. Every single time the three of us are together, we create moments that I probably won't ever forget.

I was currently pacing around the motel room as my nerves were growing by the second. They didn't want Scott to tag along with Stiles because Allison thinks that Scott is acting weird his self. She mentioned something about him walking in on her whiles she was in the shower, very much naked. And to add to that, Allison said that he made some awkward and inappropriate comments. I think she by-passed that because she finished with saying that it seemed like he snapped back into reality and the words 'I don't remember' came out of his mouth. I'm not going to lie, when she said that Scott walked into the bathroom, I couldn't have help but to feel a tad bit annoyed by his actions. I don't know- maybe I'm just being jealous over something that isn't there.

"What's going on?" A very confused Stiles interrupted my thoughts as he entered out room, silently closing the door behind him.

"We think that something's going on and that this motel is cursed in some way. Somehow, it persuades persons to commit suicide and-"

"Well Carson can you do anything about that?" Stiles said, cutting Lydia off as he faced me with an interrogatory facial expression on his face. "You know you're pretty good at persuading people.. being the whole mastermind." He said in a witty tone as I furrowed my eyebrows at him, feeling my breath getting caught in my throat.

"Stiles." Lydia hissed, glaring at him.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I asked as I felt my breaths getting ragged and panting increasing. "If you're talking about mind compulsion spells, I haven't learned anything about those yet." I frowned, only receiving a nod in response from Stiles.

"Okay, moving on! Like Lydia said, something is going on and I think it's affecting Scott as well and maybe it's affecting Carson. She spoke about some memory gap that she's experiencing, maybe she's still linked to Scott in some way." Allison spoke, trying to clear the undeniable tension that was building between myself and a very accusing Stiles. 

"But what makes you guys think it's something to do with suicides?" Stiles questioned, turning his attention to Lydia.

"When Carson and I went down to the front desk to grab some new fresh towels, there was this 3 digit number hanging up in the booth and it was so distinct. When we asked the lady about it, she revealed that it was the number of suicides that had taken place in these very rooms of this motel. We came back to tell Allison and then this couple started to talk, counting their own time down, planning to shoot themselves. For some reason, only Carson and I heard it and when we went to the next room to get to the bottom of it, it was just a room that was being renovated. No couple, no gun, nothing.  Fast forwarding, we went back down to the front desk looking for more answers that probably could have eased our nerves but when we went, it did nothing but that. Instead of the original number, 198, hanging, it was then replaced by 201. Three more than it had before." Lydia spoke, recalling all of the spooky events that happened tonight for Stiles who was fully attentive and weirdly intrigued.