18. Alpha vs. Beta

✘ ✘

"CARSON!"

I pitched up in my bed, sitting upright. I frantically looked around, trying to collect all of my senses, running my fingers through my hair. I looked down in my hand, to find it empty. I rubbed at my eyes as I searched through my call log, expecting to see a call from Lydia, seeing that her voice was the one that woke me up.

I was sweating profusely which then caused me to finally get out of bed, drowsiness still lurking among me. I paced around my room as I dialed her number, holding my phone up to my ear. "Come on, Lydia." I grumbled, pulling my phone away from ear as I grew tired of listening to constant cellphone ringing. I tried to phone her two more times, which ended up no where. "Screw it." I muttered as I went into my bathroom, freshening up. I'm just going to go to her house since her voice wants to interrupt my blissful slumber.

There was a sense of paranoia, lingering around me as I furrowed my eyebrows, rubbing my shoulder. Why was I feeling so paranoid right now? Was it actually my feelings? Or was it Lydia's?

"Shit." I muttered as I quickly pulled on my shoes, grabbing up my bag and keys and headed out the door. I have a strong feeling that this is one of Lydia and I's bizarre banshee plus bean-nighe happenings. I silently closed the door, heading out to the car. It was a little after eleven, which made it way more questionable and suspicious as to why this is happening now. I pulled out of the drive way, placing in the directions to Lydia's house.

The first time this happened between Lydia and I, we found a dead body at the community pool. And the second time, we were just about too late because the teacher had already been taken. I'm sick and tired of all this Darach shit happening, I need to acquire my magic somehow. I can not go up against that powerful dark druid with just some weapon. I'm sure that it can heal itself, leaving almost any weapon useless.

"Turn right." The female voice came from the GPS, doing what I was told. My eyes widened as I pulled into the school's parking lot. "What the hell? Is this thing broken or something?" I grumbled out loud, as I trailed my eyes onto it. I gasped as I noticed that the GPS was blank, no LED's lit up to show that it was on.

"No." I shakily let out as I pushed the car door open, stumbling out of it. I was walking backwards, trying to get away from the car but I was too gobsmacked to take my eyes off of it. How did I hear such a clear voice? I swore that it was on, I swear! "Ah!" I screamed as I felt two hands lock onto my shoulder. I quickly spun around to see that it was Stiles' hands and my eyes widened as I stopped in my tracks, running my fingers through my hair. "What the hell..." I trailed off.

"Carson? Are you okay?" Stiles asked as Scott, Lydia and Allison stepped forward. "We were just going to call you." My eyes were circling all over the place, no words trying to escape from my mouth.

"I-I got woken up out of my  sleep because Lydia shouted my name." I panted as I rubbed at my eyes once again. "I placed the directions to her house into the GPS, but it led me here and the funny thing is that it wasn't even on." I said, pursing my lips. It just registered to me that everyone was here at a place I mistakenly showed up at. "What's going on? Lydia, did something happen?"

"She got a feeling, like how the two of you suddenly ended up at the pool but didn't intend on going there? There's a body here." Scott said as my eyes widened.

"Did you find the body?" I asked as I turned to her.

"Not yet." Lydia shook her head as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But didn't Stiles say to call him after you found the body?" I questioned. "For some weird reason." I added with a shake of my head.

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again. You guys can find the dead bodies from now on." Lydia quickly denied as I shook my head, turning to Stiles.