9. Unlikely Memories

✘ ✘

"Nice. Okay.. next word, this one's for you Carson. Incongruous." Stiles called off from his iPad as I tried to sit up, fixing my posture.

Stiles' and Scott's voices were the only two things that were appealing to my ears. It's bad enough that we're on this freakin' bus for 5 damn hours. And on top of that, I had no idea where in the holy hell we were going. At times like this, I wish I wasn't so stubborn. I should have listened to Uncle Alan and just stay home today, knowing the predicament that I'm in. Stiles was calling the words off from the PSAT Vocabulary list that was really the least of my worries. I just want to fall asleep, but my back is aching and my head is throbbing.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, "Um, can you use it in a sentence?" I requested. I did not go over the words as long as I should have. I barely skimmed over them. Last night was a really long and hectic night, I didn't hear the end of it from my Aunt Marin.

"Yes, yes I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous." Stiles voice as I nodded, the definition finally registering to my mind.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." I defined it, also calling off some synonyms.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach.. Darach, it's a noun." Stiles said which caused my head to spring up, looking back at him. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for like, five hours, so why not?" Stiles protested after he took in the looks by Scott and I. Scott rolled his eyes and placed his head back up against the window, closing his eyes softly.

"Seems a bit 'incongruous' don't you think?" I muttered, receiving an eye roll as a reply.

"Next word." Stiles cleared his throat, receiving my message that none of us was up to speaking about it. Especially not around an Alpha twin. "Intransigent." Stiles called off.

"Stubborn, obstinate.. Carson." Scott muttered as I looked over to him.

"Very funny McCall." I said as I sent him a sarcastic smile. At that moment, the bus went over a huge dip in the road which caused our bodies to turn in an unnatural angle. Both Scott and I groaned out in sync as I placed my head up against the window once again.

Stiles nearly face-palmed as he looked at the two of us. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it- we shouldn't have come." Stiles went on, rambling.

"We had to." Scott quickly interjected. "There's safety in numbers."

Stiles scoffed, "Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's-" Stiles stopped as he hear the whimpering that left my mouth.

"All right. Scott, Carson, I'm telling coach that-"

"No, no, no, no. I'm all right, really." I halted his actions.

"Well, you don't look all right." Stiles argued back as his eyes met mine and then it traveled to my wound. Technically, it wasn't my wound.. it was Scott's. Last night, a performed a minor linking spell so that I could have made sure he was alright after he forbade me from going with him last night. But me being me, I still went ahead and maneuvered my way in.

"Well just let me see it." Stiles said as he went forward to lift Scott's shirt, but Scott quickly stopped his actions. "Just let me see it, okay?" Stiles said more sternly. Scott sighed as he slowly rolled up the hem of his shirt, exposing the gruesome wound. "Oh dude.." Stiles trailed off in awe.

There were three slash marks, and if you were to ask me, they haven't changed since last night. The wound still hurts like a bitch and it makes my side hurt profoundly, even making it hard for me to lean up onto the side of this bus.