16. Vaults & Currents

✘ ✘ 

     Scott received a text message from Allison, indicating that she had found something. I told him that I would meet him there, a new idea popping up in my head. I decided to take up Deucalion's advice and let the current guide me. I let Aunt Marin carry me home, just for a quick moment, for a few things that I might need. I walked pass my bed, my eyes falling onto my sketch pad that had the celtic symbol that I had drawn earlier.

I sighed as I picked it up, my eyes narrowing at it. I wonder if this was a warning? From the bean-nighe inside of me. The bean nighe part of me didn't leave with my witch abilities, gratefully. I would have really been useless after that, it's ridiculous really. I stared at the sketch pad a little while longer and after debating with myself, I just pushed it on the inside of my bag. 

"Carson, come on!" Aunt Marin called from downstairs. "You should hurry go by Allison to see if her and Scott found anything out." She added on as I shortly nodded, quickly picking up a few essential objects that might help me find my uncle. I then turned off the lights, closing my room door as I exited. I don't know what it might be that Allison found, but seeing that her father is a skillful hunter, he might have been onto something.

I hopped into the car with Aunt Marin already in the driver's seat. "Aunt Marin?" I called out to her as she began to drive down the sun-spotted narrow road. She hummed in response, waiting for me to begin talking. "Did you tell Deucalion that I had lost my magic?" I questioned, turning to her. Aunt Marin had a straight face on, but her fingers were nervously tapping against each other.

"He told you that?" She questioned as I slightly glared at her.

"Can you just answer the question? Please?" I pressed, trying not to let the tone of annoyance to overpower my voice. Right now is a crucial time for me and Aunt Marin to get along, we can't have any problems dividing the two of us. Uncle Alan is counting on me, and I'm going to need all of the help and knowledge that I can acquire.

Aunt Marin sighed deeply as she nodded. "I did. But!" She started up again as she saw me getting reeled up. "But.. I only did that so that he can protect you. Carson, you can't let anyone who is a true enemy know that you're without magic, they will be attacking you in seconds. Your bean-nighe side comes with powers, yes, but your witch powers were 10 times more useful and powerful." Aunt Marin spoke as she pulled up in front of the condominiums where Allison and her father resided. I didn't utter a word after Aunt Marin's explanation, truth is I didn't have anything to say. "Carson, you need to know that I'm just trying to do what's best for your safety." She said as I came out of the car.

"Well," I paused, shrugging. "Thank you." I said with a side, closing the door. I held onto the strap of my bag as I wandered up the stairs of the building, heading towards the elevator. I froze in my spot as I saw Mr. Argent heading towards the elevator. 

I moved to the side quickly, tapping the button that closes the doors of the elevator but some how Mr. Argent still made it inside just in time. I hurriedly took out my phone, quickly sending a warning text to Allison.

"Carson, isn't it?" Mr. Argent said to me as I looked up from my phone, flashing a smile towards him.

"Yes sir." I nodded, trying not to seem too anxious. "I was just heading up to your apartment. Allison told me that I should meet her thee whiles she go and grab a few snacks." I smiled, informing him why I'm here.

"But isn't it school time?" He questioned with a curious eyebrow raised.

"Free period." I nodded as I watched the numbers on the dial of the elevator rise, causing me to wonder why is it taking so long.