22. Ice

✘ ✘ 

"Do you think Jennifer would stand a chance against Deucalion?" Scott's voice dragged me out of my thoughts. I can't believe that we actually went along with Deucalion, but we're only doing whats right. We weren't with Deucalion at this moment, though. He was having some meeting with his pack of alphas whiles Scott and I were sat at the bottom of a tree, talking about all of the possibilities that can happen.

"No." I answered as I stared up at the moon that was positioned still in the sky. It wasn't a full moon, it was just a quarter moon and this lunar phase made me think of the special event that's approaching. A Lunar Eclipse. "I don't think she stands a chance at all. If she was willing to kill all of those innocent persons just to fight one person, then she's in some really tough shit. Also back when we were at the hospital, we came out of the elevator and Deucalion was only inches away. The look on her face made it so clear that she was beyond terrified." I said as Scott nodded, pulling my hand into his. 

"We're going to get through this." Scott sighed as I shook my head, creasing my eyebrows together.

"I don't care about me, Scott. I'm fine. I'm just wondering about the two persons who are about to be sacrificed and that's Stiles' father and your mother. They are who I'm focusing on right now and also, I'm only looking out for you. And since we're alone right now.. I think there is something you should know."  I trailed off, chewing on my bottom lip. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to tell Scott that I'm a Hale and that I'm bound to become a emissary for his pack when he becomes an alpha. But if I were to be honest, I'd hate to be an emissary. Though they are the connection to humanity, I would rather keep my position as a witch because when an alpha earns an enemy, the pack's emissary would be the first target. 

Peter really helped me tonight, he told me much more things and he had a greater knowledge about my mother than Uncle Alan did. Well I guess that's understanding seeing that Peter actually was her brother. Scott was watching me intently as I tried to gather my thoughts together, and I finally did.

"Okay." I said as I closed my eyes, exhaling deeply." Do you remember when we were off to Derek's loft, and I was in and out of consciousness?" I questioned as I turned to him. Scott nodded and he furrowed his eyebrows, wondering where I was going with this. 

"So I incoherently said that I wanted my mother, Talia Hale. You might have thought that I wasn't aware of what I was saying.. but it's true, Scott. Talia Hale is my mother." I silently spoke as his eyes widened, turning towards me. His beautiful brown eyes had confusion swimming inside of it. "I got my first suspicion when we went to Gerard to find out information about Deucalion. Then, I asked Uncle Alan and he told me the truth.. the whole truth. Witches aren't a common group of supernaturals that resides here in Beacon Hills, so when my mother got pregnant by a warlock, she ran off to protect me from things like.. Jennifer. Peter knew who I was.. he said that he was there when Talia gave birth to me." I trailed off, resting my head into my hand. "I know that this is kind of a big shocker, but I didn't want to keep you out-"

My words were then halted as Scott connected his lips with mine. There was a soothing wind that blew through my hair as I moved my lips along with Scott's, bringing my hand up to his neck. I felt chills run up my spine as Scott's hand ran up the small of my back. The kiss that we were sharing was blissful, and everything I needed in one. Scott was someone who showed me he cared from the first day that I was here, and it was extremely admirable. 

"I don't care if you're a Jenner, or a Hale. You're still you. You have a huge heart and you don't hesitate when it comes to saving the persons you care about, or saving someone who you know is innocent. You have a heart of gold, Carson. No matter what your last name is, that isn't going to change." Scott said as I felt my heart literally melt. My mouth was left slightly agape as I stared at this guy lovingly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." He added on with a light chuckle, causing me to join in as he reached forward, dismissing the tear.