14. Taken

✘

"Aunt Marin, Uncle Alan?" I called out as I knocked onto her door before pushing it open. My guardians allowed me to stay home yesterday, giving me time to recover after Thursday's events. Once I got home Thursday night, I made a terrible discovery and one that is extremely heart-breaking in my case. I didn't share it with anyone as yet, but I decided to tell my guardians right now. At least they deserve to know.

"We're in here." Aunt Marina answered as I fully walked into the room, taking a seat onto the small chair that wasn't too far from the bed. I placed the grimoire that I had in my hand onto my lap, tapping onto it nervously. My aunt and uncle were sat on the bed with a bunch of papers scattered around on the bed.

"So, as you guys know that two nights ago my body was temporarily taken over." I started as I swallowed thickly. I don't know how I'm supposed to word this, I just can't bring myself to it. This feeling reminds me of the night I found out that my mother was dead, it sucks. I kept on opening and closing my mouth, trying to find the correct words.

"Carson? What's going on?" Uncle Alan cautiously asked as he moved to the front of the bed, his eyes watching me intently.

I felt my eyes beginning to water as I stared up at him. "I lost my magic." I choked out as a few tears fell from my eyes. Saying it out loud brought in a whirlwind of emotions which is too much for me to handle.

"You what?" Aunt Marin almost screeched as they both ran over to me. She rolled the sleeves up of my sweater, taking a look at my skin that was normal. Not one streak or one purple tendril in sight. Everything that I didn't want to happen, happened. I'm not even sure if I can deal with it anymore. I felt lost without my magic, I used it for everything. It was my most favorite way to occupy my time and I just can't grasp the fact that I can't perform any spells.

"I guess you can have this back." I lowly said as I lifted the grimoire off my lap, handing it over to my Aunt who denied it. "Aunt Marin, you have to take it. Please?" I pleaded as I stood up, handing the book to her.

"Carson, we need to think of alternatives-"

"Alternatives? There isn't anything else that I can do! I came here to this town, in hopes of just carrying on with my normal life. But I just got a huge kick in the ass. Not only did I end up heralding catastrophes, it came along with finding dead bodies, people thinking that I'm some dark spirit whiles the dark spirit was trying to take over me! And it did!" I shouted as more hot tears furiously sped down my cheeks. "I lost my mother, my best friend is back at home and you still haven't taken this grimoire from me! Take it, Aunt Marin! I don't want it!" I shouted as I released the book from my hand, not caring if she had it in her hold or not. I watched as the book of spells dropped to the floor, loose pages falling out of it.

I let out strangled sobs as I fell onto my knees next to the grimoire. "I can't even perform a simple element spell." I cried as I looked down at my shaking hands. "I-I have a huge pile of feelings that just refuses to come out. It's like a huge ball on the inside of my throat that I can't reach and-"

"Carson, scream." Uncle Alan spoke in a demanding tone as both him and Aunt Marin knelt down in front of me, taking both of my hands into them. "I need for you to scream."

And that's what I did. As I screamed, I heard the figurines in the case began to rumble as books began falling off their spots on the shelves. I silenced myself as I silently whimpered, falling onto their arms. My chest wasn't as heavy anymore and my head wasn't filled with a whole hurricane of thoughts- it was just blank. My face was neutral and I was staring out at nothing.

"I promise you that you will get your magic back, Carson." Aunt Marin said calmly and she slowly rubbed circles in my back. I sent a weak smile at Uncle Alan who just nodded along to Aunt Marin's words. It felt nice to have people in your home who knows so much about you and your abilities. I don't have to hold anything back and I won't have to go through any of this alone.