11. A Room for Three

✘ ✘ 

"Why haven't the tendrils disappear?" Scott questioned as we both took a look down at my arms. The purple and black streaks were still running through my arm and I'm not entirely sure why they're still there seeing that Scott was on the verge of healing. Aunt Marin talked about these tendrils before. She called it the Lichtenberg Figure, it resembles the streaks that appear on the surface of your skin once struck by lightning. She also spoke about it appears when a dark spirit is trying to overwhelm your thoughts- it's really scary as you think of it.

It's like a thunderstorm happening inside your own head.

I shrugged as I pulled the sleeve of my cardigan down. "I have no idea. I'll probably have to talk to Uncle Alan about it." I answered, not wanting to talk about the mind entering piece. "What in the holy hell is this?" I muttered to myself as both Scott and I turned our heads towards the place that the school bus was slowing down in front of. The track meet was pushed back until tomorrow- possibly because of the tornado warning that was issued earlier today. But at least that meant we had the chance to come off this God forsaken bus with incredibly uncomfortable seats.

The bus came to a full stop as we all began to pile out of it. I rose my eyebrow as I tried to walk, but it felt like there was a restriction. I stared down at my feet, furrowing my eyebrows as I noticed that there was nothing around them. "What the hell?" I muttered to myself as I tried again, letting out a small shriek as I nearly tumbled out of the bus.

"I've seen worse." Scott spoke as I walked off the bus behind me. I looked at him with wide eyes, adjusting the gym bag on my shoulder. Not only does this motel look like complete crap, the vibe isn't all that good either. 

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles retorted as he sling the strap of his gym bag around his neck, onto his other shoulder. My hand mindlessly traveled up to Scott's upper arm as coach blew his whistle. Scott looked down at my hand at then up at me with a smile.

I felt myself blush as I stared at the ground, biting onto my lip. My eyes traveled up as I felt someone watching me. Allison's eyes were on me intently as I furrowed my eyebrows at her, causing her to quickly look away. Was there something that I missed?

"Listen up!" Coach spoke loudly as he made his way in the front of all of us. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most amount of vacancies and the least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be paring up. Choose wisely." Coach spoke as he then handed the keys out, persons taking one as they passed him.

"And I'll have no sexual perversion perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!" Coach added on. I chewed onto my lip as I looked around, not really knowing who to room with. As I went to ask Coach if it was okay to be by myself, Allison then linked her elbow with mines.

"Come on Carson, the three of us can room together." Allison smiled as I chuckled lightly.

"Okay." I said with a smile. The both of us turned around to call Lydia, who was standing still in her place. "Lydia?" I called out as I unlinked my elbow from Allison's, slowly walking forward to her.

"I don't like this place." Lydia muttered out as she looked around at it in horror. Allison and I shared a look as we focused our sight on Lydia once again. "Carson, tell me that you don't feel something negative about this place." Lydia said as her gaze then fell onto me.

I sighed out as looked around at the misty motel that was being cascaded by the dew floating around in the air. " I must admit, this place doesn't really remind you of a vacation in The Bahamas." I muttered.