business

tyler: can you come over right now? mel wants to talk to us about something

josh: yeah i'll be there in a few

josh warily walked up to tyler's front door and knocked on it, worried about what melanie needed to say. he smiled as he heard loud giggles coming from the other side of the door and was quickly met with the sight of tyler and melanie opening the door. he followed them inside and into tyler's room and melanie closed the door, her expression changing from carefree to serious.

"i don't like what's going on between you two," she spoke, no hint of humor in her voice.

"w-what do you m-mean?" tyler stammered with tears forming in his eyes.

"i'm not sure what exactly you two are doing together, but i know it's illegal," melanie frowned, cupping tyler's face in her hands and wiping away the tears that trickled down his cheeks.

"i don't know what you're talking about," josh mumbled and she rolled her eyes at his bad attempt to lie.

"i'm not an idiot. you two have been spending a ton of time together and when tyler told me you kissed i was skeptical but it was nothing too bad," melanie started, taking a deep breath before continuing. "but then i noticed the hickies on his neck, and i know that when there's hickies there was most likely more going on in that moment. it had to have been you josh, don't deny it. i'm just not comfortable knowing that my little peach is in an illegal relationship with a 21 year old, especially since you guys aren't just kissing."

"we're not in a relationship," josh stated and tyler nodded solemnly.

"is that supposed to make me feel better because if so it didn't work," melanie sighed, trying her best to comfort the small boy next to her.

"mel, we aren't doing anything bad," tyler whispered and his best friend sent him a worried look.

"i'm sorry ty, i really am. i'm just weary of josh's intentions."

"please trust me. i'm not gonna hurt tyler, i'm just looking out for him," josh objected, looking at the girl with pleading eyes.

"i'm gonna ignore the large part of me saying not to trust you and i'm gonna try to believe you. but if you do anything to hurt tyler i will not hesitate to ruin you."

"okay, okay i get it."

"i promise he won't hurt me," tyler chimed in and melanie hugged him in response.

"you can leave now josh," melanie spoke as she engulfed tyler, waving josh off with a stern look.

"bye tyler!"

"bye joshy!"

•••
a/n

i wanted to post this yesterday bc of tyler's birthday n shit but i was really busy and i didn't get around to it so here it is!!! and happy late birthday tyler!!!!! ((he literally had a dodgeball party i want to jump in front of a bus))
-carina