eros

tyler awoke with a yawn, bringing his arms above his body as he stretched out his back. his eyebrows furrowed as he looked over to see he was alone in the bed. the hotel room was silent and tyler didn't like it, but a small smile tugged at his plump lips at the sight of a note left on the bedside table.

'good morning baby boy :) if you're reading this it means that i'm not back yet. i went to get the breakfast provided by the hotel, so come down when you wake up and we can eat together.
lots of love,
joshy'

tyler smiled at the kind words left from his boyfriend. he slipped josh's large hoodie over his pajama shorts and tied his black vans on his feet as he made his way out of the room. he pressed the down button on the elevator and waited patiently, swinging his arms back and forth as he heard the 'ding'. he giggled to himself as he walked into the elevator alone, allowing the door to close before he bent down in a squat. as the elevator began descending the young boy jumped up into the air, allowing his body to be momentarily weightless and he couldn't help the little laughs that bubbled past his lips. he was glad no one was accompanying him on the ride, because to any normal outsider the situation would've looked very unusual.

the doors opened up, revealing the lavish lobby of the hotel. tyler skipped out of the elevator and followed the signs pointing to the dining hall. he entered the room and gasped at the sight of the wide array of food that was sat on the buffet table. he searched the room for the bright red hair that he easily spotted. he shuffled over to josh but as he came more into view the large grin that tyler held was wiped off of his face. josh was sitting at a table, the receptionist from the day before sat opposite of him with her hand placed on his shoulder as she obnoxiously laughed at something he had said. tyler crossed his arms over his chest and puffed out a big breath of air as he stomped over to josh.

"g'morning ty," josh spoke, beckoning the brunette to sit in the chair next to him. the younger boy complied and plopped into the seat. "how'd you sleep?"

tyler stubbornly shrugged, his lips forming a pout as he angrily squinted his eyes at the girl. he scootched closer to josh and nuzzled his head into josh's neck.

the girl cleared her throat, demanding attention and rolled her eyes at the affectionate couple. josh tore his loving gaze from the beauty in his arms to the source of the noise.

"oh, tyler, this is debby. debby, this is tyler."

"hello tyler. joshy here was just telling me all about himself; he's such an interesting guy, isn't he?" debby sneered mockingly and tyler frowned at the comment, nodding along anyways. he felt tears start to form in his doe eyes but he sniffled and blinked them away, not wanting to seem weak or vulnerable.

"i guess so," tyler mumbled in response and cast his eyes down to the chipping yellow nail polish that adorned his fingers.

josh noticed the tension and he was fast to interrupt the conversation before it went too downhill. "i haven't eaten yet, should we go get some food, ty?"

the young boy nodded and stood up, waddling his way to the buffet table as his face lit up from all of the options. josh followed behind and debby stayed at the table, watching the two with a disgruntled expression.

the brunette loaded his plate with a waffle topped with whipped cream and strawberries, placing a small pancake off to the side as well. he grabbed another plate- because he hated when his food touched- and put bacon, a donut, and a chocolate chip muffin on top of the ceramic surface. josh watched in amusement, knowing that tyler would probably only eat a quarter of what he picked out. the older of the two added a waffle, bacon, and a blueberry muffin to the plate and followed his love back to the table. they dropped the food off and got their drinks; josh choosing coffee and tyler choosing apple juice.

josh chuckled as tyler immediately began eating his food, cutting the waffle into small pieces and shoveling them into his mouth. whipped cream accumulated around the edges of his mouth and josh fawned over the sight, thinking to himself that he had never seen anything so adorable.

a female voice broke through his thoughts; "wow, tyler, you really have an appetite, huh?"

tyler stared at her like a deer caught in the headlights, his mouth full with waffles as he chewed and swallowed the food. he nodded and continued eating, his naïve mind not catching onto the harsh sarcasm with her words. josh was glad tyler saw past it, as he knew how sensitive his boyfriend was towards comments like that.

debby didn't stop there, though. "he's so adorable, isn't he, joshy? what is he- like thirteen? fourteen?"

"close, but i'm sixteen," tyler spoke through a mouthful of food and debby grimaced at his child-like behavior.

"are you babysitting him or something?" she scoffed, not willing to accept the fact that they were dating. tyler frowned and looked at josh expectantly for an answer.

"uh, no, i'm not babysitting him." josh cleared his throat and took a sip of his coffee. debby rolled her eyes and sighed; this was going to be harder than she thought.

"so what's a guy like you doing with a kid like him?"

"joshy is my boyfriend." tyler frowned and clung onto josh's arms instinctively. at this, debby burst into laughter, clutching her stomach like she was hearing the greatest joke of all time. her laughter ceased and she wiped a stray tear from her eye, her eyes flickering between the boys in front of her as she tried to gauge their reactions. but as they sat there with straight faces she huffed in frustration.

"c'mon tyler, we're going. i'll call room service if you're still hungry. i don't want to be around any negativity." josh tugged tyler out of his seat and into the hotel corridor and to the elevator. the two stepped in in silence and gripped each other's hand like a lifeline.

"i love you tyl-"

the sound of josh's phone rang throughout the confined space. he checked who was calling him and his face drained of color as he read over the contact.

melanie.

•••
a/n

i was stuck on how to end this chapter and i rewrote this 4827843 times so it's not the best and i apologize for that.

anywho!!!

when a cute girl says "let's hold hands and walk into oncoming traffic together" 💖💖💖
-carina

p.s. i love debby but i just couldn't think of anyone else to do. soz