i'm low on gas and you need a jacket

tyler awoke to the comforting scent of freshly brewed coffee and bacon, a smile making its way onto his face as he sat up with a large yawn. josh diverted his attention to his boyfriend, a warm grin playing at his lips with the sight of tyler's messy morning hair and groggy eyes.

"g'mornin' joshy." tyler sluggishly crawled out of bed and joined josh at the table that held the various breakfast foods.

"morning, babe. how did you sleep?" josh dug his fork into his scrambled eggs, shoveling some into his mouth as he awaited tyler's answer.

"i slept really good, i was super duper tired." tyler reached over and grabbed a slice of bacon, eating that and pouring himself a glass of apple juice. "did you order room service, or somethin'?"

"yeah, i figured you wouldn't be in the mood to leave the room."

"mhm, you were correct! i just wanna do basically nothin' all day."

"nothing? don't you think that's gonna be boring, princess?"

"well," tyler giggled a bit as he cut up his pancake and dribbled maple syrup over the top. josh reached over and grabbed the bottle of the syrup from tyler after noticing that he had put way too much syrup on them. "i have a few ideas."

"oh, do you now?" josh chuckled and tyler nodded enthusiastically.

"so, i was thinking that we could go shopping or something because we don't have many clothes and i'm getting bored of what i'm wearing." tyler stuffed his mouth with pancakes and he continued to talk. "and then we can come back to the room and watch a movie or something."

josh nodded in agreement, grinning as tyler lit up in excitement. "we'll leave as soon as you finish that big ol' plate of pancakes, sound good?"

🍼🖍🍼

tyler collapsed onto the bed with a huge sigh, bags upon bags of clothing falling beside him as he did so. josh bought him much more than he needed, wanting to spoil the boy as much as possible.

"thank you for all of the stuff today, joshy," tyler sighed, making grabby hands at his boyfriend. josh joined him on the bed, cuddling him close as they shared light kisses. josh pulled away as his phone started vibrating im his back pocket, groaning in annoyance as he answered.

"hello?"

"josh, it's me, melanie." she sounded panicked as she spoke and josh immediately began to worry.

"what's wrong?"

"i told tyler's parents that he's okay but they didn't believe me and they filed a missing persons report, with you as the suspect."

"fuck," josh mumbled and his stomach churned. he should've known this would happen. "thank you so much for telling us, we'll figure it out."

"be careful, josh."

and with that she hung up, leaving josh and tyler in silence.

"we need to get you home." josh whispered, pulling tyler even closer onto his own body.

tyler's eyes became glassy as his bottom lip quivered, tears slipping down his cheeks. "i d-don't wanna g-go h-h-home."

"i know, baby, i know." josh soothed him.

"i wanna st-stay here with y-you!"

"it'll be okay, i promise you we'll work this out."

•••
a/n

this isn't the best, or very long, and i apologize. i'm sick so i feel really yucky and my throat kills :(( i didn't really have much motivation to write but i just wanted to get this chapter out of the way so i can move on to the next one.

i'm gonna try to write longer chapters for the next few ones. just know that it's coming to an end soon :// i'm going on vacation next week so hopefully i'll be able to write more but i can't guarantee anything!!!

i hope you guys had a great day and that you don't feel yucky like me :)) love youuuuu
-carina