true friends

josh stumbled into work the next day, his head spinning and his mind fogged over. he clocked himself in with shaky hands and pinned his name tag into his shirt, pricking his fingers a few times in the process. he could feel the eyes of his coworkers trailing on him as he walked behind the prize counter to start his shift. he didn't see that someone was next to him until they spoke up.

"you okay dude? you look like you got hit by a bus," dallon chuckled, patting josh's back a bit which resulted in a small burp leaving his mouth. "holy shit man, you're drunk aren't you!"

"just a bit," josh hiccuped, taking the ticket receipt from a little girl who had approached the counter. he skimmed over it before deciding he didn't want to read and he handed it to dallon instead.

"oh how the tables have turned," he mumbled, ignoring josh's drunken muttering as he focused on doing his job. once the girl was gone he gave josh his full attention, sighing loudly as josh slurred on about something completely incoherent.

"c'mon josh, we gotta get you home. you can't be at work like this, i'll take the day off to watch over you," dallon hoisted josh onto his back, carrying him piggyback into the staff room and explaining to their manager that josh was not in the right state to be working and that they would both be going home for the day.

dallon carefully placed josh in the backseat of his car and shook his head with a small laugh as he was fast asleep with a trail of drool going down his cheek. he drove off to his own house, not knowing where josh lived since they had only been friends for a short period of time.

small snores left josh's mouth as dallon lifted him over his shoulder and brought him into the house, resting him on the couch before sitting beside him and turning the t.v. on quietly.

it went on like this for a little over two hours; josh completely knocked out and dallon watching t.v. as he waited for josh to wake up.

"where the fuck am i?" josh groaned, his head pounding as he could still feel the small amount of remaining alcohol rushing through his system.

"you showed up to work completely wasted so i got us both off for the day and brought you to my place," dallon shrugged, not bothering to look at josh as he knew he was a mess. "what even happened anyways?"

"it was nothing, i just had a lot to drink but i didn't want to miss work."

"that's bullshit, don't even try to lie."

"fine," josh exhaled, closing his eyes as he tried to word his next sentence to the best of his ability. "i felt like an asshole and i wanted to get my mind off of it. period, end of story."

"that's not the complete truth but i'm not gonna push it, i'll let you be if that's what you want," dallon began to stand up but josh held him down.

"i'll talk. don't say anything until i'm completely done with talking."

and that's what they did. josh ranted on and on while dallon listened intently, humming along and nodding his head whenever he agreed with something josh said. and josh told him everything; from the first time he and tyler met all the way up to the day prior where tyler said he loved him.

"okay, talk now. i need to hear something from you, i need advice, anything," josh breathed out, his voice shaky and filled with fear of what dallon was going to say.

"give him time. he's young and naive, he likes the thought of being in love even though he doesn't know what it really means. he doesn't know the commitment that comes along with love. he'll either realize his mistakes and forgive you or he'll continue being naive and making mistakes, but you can't control which happens. just remember it's nothing you can control."

josh was overwhelmed with emotions as dallon spoke, the most prominent being anger towards himself. how could he do something like that? tyler believed josh was interested in him, how could he allow himself to make someone so innocent believe josh really liked him. was tyler really just a good fuck for josh, even though they never had sex? this was too much for him and his mind began to spin, his thoughts and reality jumbled together as he fell forwards into dallon's lap and emptied his stomach on the ground between his legs.

"oh, how lovely," dallon rolled his eyes as he pushed josh off of him and began to clean up the mess he had made.

"i really fucked up dallon."

"yeah josh, you did."