chapter 45

Percy pov-

After waking up, I feel a rush of emotions. Literally, every emotion I have ever felt hits me like a brick wall. And the intensity is so sudden that I can't react. I can't speak and I can hardly breathe. Everyone stares at me.

"I" I choke out "I have to go. I will be back." I looked up at them and vapor traveled away from the tower.

When I was retrieving my memories, I learned that every night in my sleep I was vapor travelling to places that could remind me of my past.

The first place I appear was on the beach, Montauk to be precise.

I want to see my dad. I need to apologize and explain why I haven't been IM-ing him or communicating with the rest of the Olympians.

I quickly send an IM and tell him to meet me. When he arrives, I hug him.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Why?" He asks

"I haven't been talking to you or anyone and you probably worried about me."

"Don't be silly. I knew everything that happened. I've been keeping an eye on you. Did you really think I wouldn't know that you lost your memories again?" He says, chuckling a bit.

"I'm still sorry." I say, pulling out of his embrace.

"I think you should come back to camp. Stay there." He says

"What's wrong with Avengers tower?" I ask

"You lost your memories because of them. You should be somewhere safe with your family and friends." He explains

"They are my family," I say "and I'm safe with them. They're superheroes and the months I've been with them have been the safest I've had since I was 12. I've only been attacked like twice recently, so I think I'm better off away from camp. I'll get to be distanced for a little while."

"I am just worried."

"I'm telling you not to be. The avengers are good people. They'd never to anything to intentionally hurt me."

"But they-"

"Lied to me about my memories?" I guess and my the look on his face I'm right. "I asked them to. I wanted a normal life. I wanted to be a normal teenager with normal friends that doesn't participate in a war every year."

"If you really want to, stay with the avengers. Just... just keep in touch. You can always come to camp or my palace or Olympus. I have to go, Percy."

"Okay, dad. I know. I'll talk to you later." I say.

"I love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

"Bye." He says, walking into the ocean. The sun setting over the horizon can be seen.

Okay. Where to next?

Oh! I know and I am not looking forward to this.

---

Of course as soon as I regained my memories I remembered all my feelings for Peter. It was obvious to Loki and me that they overpower my feelings for Wade. I really don't want to hurt him, but leading him on is worse than breaking his heart, right?

I know I thought I loved him, but I had feelings for Peter first and those feelings are way more powerful than my feelings for Wade. I really wish I had never set Gwen and Peter up together.

A small drop of rain falls against my cheek. Perfect. It's dark and raining now. Aren't I lucky, note my sarcasm.

I approach Wade's house. I walk up the walkway and think over what I'm going to say in my head.

Hey, Wade. I'm sorry, but I'm absolutely infatuated with a kid you used to bully?

That won't do.

Hi, look, I'm so sorry, but I liked Peter Parker first?

No

I do love you, but I love someone else more?

Who'd have thought that breaking up with someone could be so hard.

Before I even know what's happening the automatic movement sensor light goes off.

I see a shadow walk past the curtains from inside and they open the door.

It's a woman. Her eyes have slight wrinkles at the edges and she looks older, maybe around forty years old. She's probably Wade's mom.

"You must be Mrs. O'Neill?"

"I was before I divorced my husband." She chuckles. I have no idea how to respond to that. "Are you one of Wade's friends?"

"Yeah, kind of. Is he here?" I ask.

"Yes. Come on in." She steps aside and lets me enter.

"Thank you." I come in.

"WADE!" She shouts up the stairs. "YOUR FRIEND IS HERE!"

"Coming!" A call comes down the stairs.

After a few minutes multiple sets of foot falls can be heard coming toward the stairs.

Wade, Flash, and Todd appear at the top of the stairs and I give them a small smile. They pause slightly, before almost running down the stairs.

AN IM soooo sorry. This is a really short chapter and I know it was a long wait, but I'm stressed out. I am in all honors classes and I am overwhelmed, but I can't move to CP classes because it'll disappoint my parents. It halfway through the semester anyway so I can't do anything. The impending doom of the United States is not helping my situation at all. I'm so worried about this election. Do not comment any political views on my story please. It's likely that I'll disagree and I don't want to lose readers due to my political view. I'm sorry about my mini rant. I'm sorry for the slow updates and short chapters, but I really am trying as hard as I can.