chapter 49

Percy pov-

Prom dress shopping is super fun. I've spent the whole day hanging out with Gwen, Wanda, Natasha, and Aphrodite, of course.

"So what color do you want to wear, Percy?" Wanda asks.

"Blue." I tell her.

"I think you would look amazing in any color, but greens bring out your eyes." Aphrodite points out.

"Then I'll try on greens too."

"You also look amazing in red." Wanda tells me. "Especially when you're wearing my clothes."

"God, Percy, look look good in everything don't you?" Gwen asks.

"Not everything!" I exclaim.

Natasha smirks. "Yes, everything."

I huff and wait a minute before asking Gwen what she's looking for in a dress.

"Peter and I agreed on red, so he'll get a red tie and the right color corsage and him a matching boutonniere." She says, grinning wildly. "Also, I was thinking something strapless and anything but a mermaid gown."

"Ooh, I second that. I love mermaids, but I'm not a fan of those dresses." I say.

"I love those dresses!" Aphrodite disagrees.

"Good for you." I say.

"Whatever," Aphrodite sighs. "Let's go into Macy's!"

After about an hour in the store and probably 400 dresses, I am trying on the last one Aphrodite handed to me. It's a dark blue, close to Sapphire, but slightly lighter. It barely fit, it was slightly tight, but it fit and I could always have Aphrodite fix the size.

I step out of the dressing room wearing the dress.

"This is the last one. I like it." I say

"Me too!" Aphrodite squeals. "I think I have the perfect jewelry set to go with it too!"

"Okay, so it's settled, I'll get this one." I say. Wanda, Nat, and Gwen like it too.

Once we check out, we go to a few other stores before Gwen finds a pretty red dress. Wanda picked it out and was going to buy it, but Gwen wanted to try it on too and Wanda was cool with it. I think she was slightly ticked when she couldn't get the dress she picked out though.

Finally we go for shoes. Gwen finds her's pretty quickly, but I don't find any in the store. The ones I liked were a size too small. We check a few other stores and find nothing, so we go back to that store and see if we can order them online. They said that it would take a week to get in.

"Alright cool. I'll pick them up in a week!" Aphrodite squeals.

"Or we could ship them to you house." The store lady says.

"That's even better!" I exclaim. "Here's the address." I scribble down the address for avengers tower.

"Awesome what size do you need?"

"Oh a 7.5" I say.

"Okay you should receive them in a week."

Then we go for jewelry. Aphrodite said she has perfect Sapphire jewelry for mine, so we look for something to match Gwen's dress.

"I was thinking like fake diamonds, since I can't afford real ones." She says.

"Nonsense." Aphrodite says. "You can't get fake diamonds. I will get you real ones. Let's go to Kay Jewlers."