Chapter 13 - The Plan

"What if we all became Animagi?"

"No. No way. Are you out of your mind Grace?!" Remus said, immediately sitting up in his bed, wincing as he did so.

"Probably."

"Grace! I'm being serious," he replied, ignoring Sirius' routine response of "No you're not, I am!"

"Do know how hard it is to become an Animagus? Most adult wizards would struggle, and we're only-"

"I think it's an excellent idea! What do you think, Sirius?" James interrupted, turning to his friend.

"Absolutely splendid," Sirius replied with a chuckle "Peter?"

"Uh, it'll be hard, but sure!"

"Then let's do it!" Grace cheered, earning yet another glare from Remus.

"But it's illegal! Do you know how much trouble you'll be in if you're caught as unregistered Animagi?"

"Unregistered? Couldn't we just register ourselves or something?" James asked.

"If we were of age, of course we could. However, I'm not sure if you've noticed but that we're only thirteen," Grace replied.

"I'm actually fourteen," Sirius pointed out, resulting in a hit on the shoulder from her.

Remus sat up again "But what if-"

The noise of a door being opened cut him off.

"Quick, get under!" James whispered, throwing his Invisibility Cloak over Sirius, Peter and himself.

"Mr Lupin! What are you doing sitting up like that? Have you forgotten about the ginormous cut on your chest? My spells may have closed the wound, but that doesn't mean it's completely healed," Madam Pomfrey exclaimed as she stormed towards the back of the Hospital Wing.

Grace laughed as she saw the door open behind her and then close again, earning a strange look from Madam Pomfrey.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Grace reached into the simple brown bag she had slung over her shoulder "Here's all the notes you missed on Friday."

---

"What are you reading?" Ely asked as he plonked himself down next to Grace the next day. She was currently sitting in the library with her two newly borrowed books

"Absolutely Everything about Animagi," she replied, turning over to the front cover "I'm reading it because I-"

"Want to become an Animagus when you're seventeen. You've only told everyone about a hundred times," Sam interrupted as he and Abbey sat on the other side of her.

"Good to see you've been listening then," Grace replied with a smile, before glancing back down at the book. She had become the designated researcher for the group, since she would certainly be the least suspicious when it came to suddenly borrowing a large amount of books on animagi.

"How's Remus' aunt? I hope she's okay," Abbey asked. Their excuse for Remus' absence this full moon had been that he had gone to visit his muggle aunt in hospital.

"Oh yes, she's getting better. Remus should be coming back sometime this tonight, hopefully," Grace replied, lying smoothly. She hated having to lie to her friends, but she couldn't exactly go around telling everyone the truth. Besides, it wasn't her secret to tell.

"Well, I don't know about Remus, but James, Sirius and Peter all just entered the library," Ely said, looking over her shoulder. Grace turned to see the boys all making their way over to their table.