Chapter 15 - The Prank

Okay before we get started, yes i know her nickname thing is cheesy and cringy af (at least it matches the rest of the story lol), but I could literally think of nothing better so if you have something PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
--

It turns out that Grace wasn't the only one who accomplished their goal of producing a successful corporeal Patronus. Exactly three days after Grace had cast hers, she received a letter from Sirius claiming that he had produced one in the form of a large shaggy dog. She received another the day before they were due to start school again from Peter, who was very glad to found out that his Patronus was not a worm, but in fact a rat, with a worm-like tail.

"Moony! Grace!" Sirius greeted as the entered their carriage at the back of the train. Well, it wasn't specifically their carriage, but they had sat in there for the rides to and from Hogwarts for the past three years.

"So, how are things, Miss Mountain Lion?" Peter asked once they were seated.

"Miss Mountain Lion? Really? Surely you can think of something better than that, Wormy."

"Wormy?" He repeated, furrowing his eyebrows. "I thought I told you, I'm not a worm. I'm a rat! With a worm tail!"

"Sorry, Wormtail," she apologised, grinning.

James gasped. "We should all have nicknames. Like how Remus is Moony, and Peter can be Wormtail."

"And then what would you be? Antlerhead?" Sirius queried.

"That's way too long. I was thinking something more like 'Prongs," James replied, smiling to himself. "Because the antlers are kind of like pron-"

"Yeah we get it," Remus cut him off. "And Sirius can be Dogbreath."

"You wound me, Moony," Sirius exclaimed dramatically, with his hand over his heart.

"What about Paws?" Peter suggested.

"Maybe if I was a three year old. I need something more... sophisticated, like..."

"Padfoot," Grace proposed.

"Perfect. So, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and... Miss Mountain Lion?" Sirius trailed off, looking over at Grace.

"No. No way. How about... um..."

"Whiskers?"

"I'm not a pet cat, James."

"Cat... Catto.... Catface.... Cat-"

"Not helpful, Sirius," she chided. "I don't want to sound like some kind of weirdo."

"But Grace, isn't that what you are?" Remus replied, cheekily, earning himself a glare.

"What about Leo?" Peter suggested. "Like in that zodiac stuff that my mum loves."

Grace scrunched up her nose. "It's alright, I guess. It's certainly better than Catface."

"Hey! I was just trying to help," Sirius defended "Besides, it's not like anyone else was offering anything better."

"Oh!" Remus gasped suddenly "What's the word again... fesil.... felsi...flesi....fel.. Felis!"

"Ah yes, Felis!" James cried "Moony, what the hell are you on about?"

"It's a Latin word. Meaning cat, I think. It's one of the few words I actually remember from that time Professor P Thorne, your mother, tried to teach us Latin when she took that lesson whilst McGonagall was away." Since both of her parents had the same last name, the students had begun referring to them as 'Professor P Thorne' and 'Professor A Thorne' to differentiate between the two.