01

Tell me something I need to know
Then take my breath and never let it go
If you just let me invade your space
I'll take the pleasure, take it with the pain

"That was lovely"

Harry watches as the blond –or fake blond, judging from the dark roots– guy looks up, a guitar between his arms and smiles brightly at him.

"Thanks!"

"I don't recognize the song. You wrote that?"

"Actually, my friend did. He's super talented" the blond pauses, "I haven't seen you around the campus before. You must be a freshman!"

"I am. Harry styles" Harry offers a smile with a handshake that the blond accepts almost immediately.

"Niall Horan. It's my third year here ... Do you play something? Or do you do vocals?"

"I'm a vocalist, but I can play piano. Sometimes"

Niall nods and offers to give him a tour around the campus, occasionally telling him the names of the professors, their personalities, and some of the students he shares his classes with. Harry had taken a tour before, him and Mike wandered around the place a few times, but Niall's company is fun. He's very cheerful, and Harry is glad he's already making friends that are actually useful around the campus. Niall told him about his friend, the one that writes for him all his songs, saying that he can write but prefers his friend's lyrics, and promised for them to meet soon.

Eventually, Niall leaves Harry for a class and Harry finds himself wandering alone inside the different halls. He doesn't start his classes until tomorrow, but he came with Mike who left earlier before he meets Niall for his own classes. He can hear some instructors explaining history or literature from a room, and some nice melodies from another. He likes it. Music is his passion, along with boxing, and he sort of pushing his limits at both sides, not sure which path is the one he's going to succeed at.

There's an empty room that he passes by, the lights are turned down, but the door is slightly opened, and Harry peeks inside to find only one person sleeping on one of the benches. Harry didn't want to disturb the guy, but there's an opened notepad next to him, and Harry could guess that he's one of the students that probably got left behind, so he enters.

As Harry gets closer, he sees the person's face, and he doesn't know if he should push him off the bench to wake him up or act like a gentleman and leave him be. And there's no mistake in that face. Not those unrealistic eyelashes.

You make me feel like a piece of art
Hanging on your wall, just like my heart
Making shadows even in the dark
I'm see-through but I won't fall apart

Harry decides to wait as he sits next to him with the notepad in hand until he reaches with the notepad and keeps hitting his head. Just hard enough to make him wince and snaps his eyes open as his body jolts suddenly out of surprise.

"I thought you don't mingle with the low life students?"

Zayn blinks a few times at him. "I thought you're not one of them?" he says slowly narrowing his eyes at Harry but not making an effort in getting up.

"Your friend didn't let me finish my sentence" Harry points out, "It's still my first year ... You write love songs? Never in a million years would have thought you doing that!" Zayn blinks again and Harry could see his eyes taking a beautiful mix of brown and green, making it look like it's deep olive colored. It's unfair, really. Harry hates him, but Zayn's eyes are captivating. "So you're attending here as well?"

Zayn gets up, snatches the notepad from him and closes it. "Not of your business"

The door opens and Niall walks in with a grin on his face, "Harry! I see you've already met my friend!" Harry watches as Zayn's eyes become wide and he freezes to his place. Harry on the other side glances between the two for a second before a wide smirk starts forming on his lips. Interesting.