06

Eyes closed, blow the candles out
Another year you're not with me, It's not time
Don't let it go, you're givin' up on the dream
Life's too short to play these games
I know deep down you feel the same
So let's escape, slip away, I can't wait another day

Zayn closes his eyes and relaxes as his head is tilted towards the window. The lyrics are his, Niall recorded it for him to hear it before he plays it in front of his class and sent it immediately when Zayn was too tired to leave his bed. He and Louis got rid of their phones before they get on the plane, but Zayn had it stored on a cloud account. Louis doesn't know he still has it on repeat because Zayn looks better and he doesn't go through his phone which Zayn's thankful for because if Louis ever found out, he'll lecture him for days.

It's been six months, and Zayn still can't find it in his heart to move on. He doesn't understand how Louis could do so, so easily, but he doesn't envy him for such thing. He sometimes worries if Louis is doing this to try mend his broken heart before it's too late, before he gets too deep, and Louis doesn't show it most of the times. Zayn would know if Louis is being hurt, he'd know if Louis still didn't get over it, but he also knows that this is Louis' way of dealing with things.

Louis didn't tell him much details, but he knew that he transferred some of Ant's money to get them a decent house, managed to even have a contact with some people here to get them jobs once they're settled down. Louis asked him if he'd want to change jobs and told him that this was completely okay, but Zayn liked the place he worked in. Anything is better than the club anyway, and he didn't want to trouble Louie more. If he wanted to he'll have his ways instead. But he works at a bookshop, and it's very calm, his co-workers are nice, the manager is nice, and the working hours are suitable.

When I look at your smile
There's more than a smile starring back at me
Then I look at those eyes
I feel like there's a lot more behind the scenes
Life's too short to play these games
I know deep down you feel the same
So let's escape, slip away, I can't wait another day

Zayn opens his eyes and notices he's almost there so he stands up from his seat, turns off the music, and makes his way off the bus. The coffee shop is right there and he is glad when he feels a lot warmer when he steps inside. It's winter now, and he approaches the counter leaning his arms on it.

"So, am I meeting him yet?"

Louis turns and Zayn smiles batting his eyelashes at him. Louis chuckles and gives him a cup of coffee along with a muffin. It's always on Louis, he'll get everything free as long as Louis works here. He tries not to do it very often but coming late before Louis' shift is over and going home with him is better than waiting by his own and allowing his mind to flood.

"Trying a bad-boy look now?" Louis shakes his head as Zayn straightens up with a smirk. "I like it" Louis smiles again, "The beanie though pushing all your hair away making your eyes pop out and it makes you cuter" His hair's gotten longer and it's brushing over the back of his neck now. He sighs and sips his coffee instead. There is a trace of mustache and beard from the last time he's shaved, he's wearing a leather jacket with a shirt underneath, skinnies and combat boots, and Louis told him it makes him look more mature, old, and sexy, but he always coos at him when his hair is down or whenever he's in a sweater. It's alright though, Louis is allowed to.

"So?" Zayn repeats his question and raises his brows. It's cute how Louis blushes slightly and goes over the counter as Zayn sits on a stool. Louis would never admit it, but there was this one time Zayn was here and a group of girls arrived here just because of Louis and they thought he was 'cute'. Louis doesn't let anyone but him mention it though and it's only between the two of them.