09

"I missed this, you know"

"The beach?" Zayn's eyes open slowly looking up at him, a soft lazy smile on his face as his head rests on Louis' lap with Louis' fingers brushing his hair that gotten longer by now.

"Us" He states simply.

"We've never been separated, Zee"

"Not physically" Zayn replies quietly. They are surrounded by only sand and water, the warm air blowing over their skin is comfortable and the waves sound as they hit the shore is soothing. It's too early for people to join them at the beach and they've chosen an area that is far from people anyway. "I miss how we used to be, before all of this drama. No secrets. Just the two of us and no one in between"

Louis smiles softly down at him. Zayn has been getting less and less nightmares as the days go on, his eyes are sparkling as he used to know them, face lit, and back to his more confident self to be dragged along with Louis literally anywhere with matching smirks. Louis really likes it. "Is that why you stopped writing?" Zayn avoids his eyes and looks at the clouds above them instead. "But I agree. I too miss when we didn't care but about one another. Less tiring actually" He chuckles and Zayn's eyes return to his again.

"I figured something" Zayn replies. "I don't need anyone else in my life to feel complete. I have you. You're more than enough"

"Don't" Louis whispers, "It's hard, but we'll work it" Zayn rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious, Lou"

"Me too" Louis objects, "Just because you had one down turn doesn't mean I'll let you drown"

Zayn stares at him for a moment, "Then tell me the truth"

Louis sighs and lifts his head up. It's a peaceful scene, being in the nature, feeling some weights off your shoulder, not having to think too much until they go back. It's just them. "I was thinking we could go to France"

Zayn's eyebrows shoot up, "That's sudden"

"Beautiful country. Better than here anyway. And we can afford it"

"We're not familiar with the language"

Louis smirks down at him, "All we'll be getting is 'Oui' babe" Zayn laughs and shakes his head. "It's the truth though" Louis shrugs and Zayn grins at him.

"Alright. What's up your sleeves?"

Louis shrugs again, "Living for the moment?" Zayn blinks at him slowly, "I might want you to work your charm on this one" Zayn sits up and smirks.

"Nothing we have to lose"

Louis blinks and forces a smile out. Nothing to lose.

=====

"Again?" Zayn whisper shouts, "I can't believe you!"

"It's not the same" Louis defends himself but Zayn just glares at him, "We're not going to be engaged in any of this"

Zayn sighs, "And why me?"

"He might've seen a picture of you on my phone" Louis clears his throat, "Accidently"

"Accidently" Zayn mumbles, "Of course"

"Hey! I'm not lying! He happened to be behind me when I unlocked my phone and you were in the background!" Zayn smiles at him and Louis rolls his eyes, "If you don't have me as your background I'll kill you" Zayn laughs quietly. "But anyway, he seems like a good man. I wouldn't push you towards someone that I don't know about. Asked a few questions here and there-"