12

Harry mentally groans when he hears the sound of his alarm ringing in his ears, reluctantly detaching himself from Zayn and reaching blindly to turn it off before it wakes him up too and cuddling to him almost immediately. He doesn't want to get up, but he has to and he sighs, slowly opening his eyes and seeing the familiar black hair first thing in sight. He pulls his head back and smiles down at him, long lashes resting on his cheeks, lips forming a slight pout and hair messed up on the pillow and over his face, but not in a fucked up state, Zayn wasn't up to it last night. He's wearing Harry's maroon long-sleeved shirt that covers his knuckles and reaching below his hips, covering a small part of his thighs, and he looks adorable in Harry's bigger-sized clothes, most peaceful when he's asleep even though Zayn's eyes are his favorite, and overall, as Harry looks more at him, Zayn looks ... fragile. Body, heart, and soul.

Like his skin might bleed if the sheets were made of some rough material even though Harry knows he won't, but there's a truth to that too, how his body doesn't cope well with roughness, and how he actually bled before, skin bruised with a little force. And he also knows some of what Zayn's been through, knows how everything kept breaking him piece by piece, and for the first time, Harry finds himself grateful that Louis was by his side to collect those pieces together and keep him standing. However, he can't ignore the huge part of him that wants to be that person for Zayn. If he allowed him to.

"I love you" He whispers against his cheek even though he knows that this time Zayn is actually asleep and he can't hear him, but his feelings are surfacing up and the words just leave his lips naturally. So he trails soft kisses down his neck as he slips his arm from beneath him, and Zayn's eyelashes flutter, body shifting slightly and fingers scratching the sheets, like he can't focus in his sleepy state which to respond to. Frowning at the loss of Harry's body or relaxing at his kisses. But Harry doesn't get to completely pull away because Zayn's frown deepens and he turns, eyes unable to open, and snuggles further into his chest so Harry has no other option than to sigh again and hug him closer.

"Zayn, I have a full schedule today" His voice is not a whisper anymore, hoping that Zayn would untangle himself on his own, but he just buries his face in his chest. "Love" He smiles, fingers brushing through the silky locks before he can stop himself and he tugs slightly causing Zayn to whine and tilt his head backwards, eyelashes fluttering again, and Harry leans in to press a quick kiss on his lips. "I'm sorry, love, but I really have to get up" He presses another kiss to Zayn's lips before he gets to tense again and quickly pulls away from Zayn causing him to wake up properly.

Zayn's eyes appear from behind his lashes, a sleepy frown taking over his face as he watches Harry walking towards the bathroom, sending him an apologetic look before he's out of his vision.

When he gets back, Zayn is laid on his stomach, the covers are thrown away, and his eyes are big again as they look up at him.

"Sorry to wake you up. I really didn't mean to" Harry reaches to ruffle his hair but Zayn doesn't respond so he heads to his closet instead. Seeing him reaching for his phone, probably to see what time it is.

He finds Zayn sitting up on the bed when he finishes dressing up and he sits next to him briefly, kissing him softly.

"Why are you up this early?" Zayn glances at the clock.

Harry smiles, he already said that but Zayn still couldn't hear it. "I have a full schedule today. Will be back a bit later than usual" Zayn sighs, stretching out and pushing his hair back, "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Once I get back, we can cuddle all you want" He pauses, "Or do anything more, I have no objection" Zayn chuckles and shakes his head. "You can go back to sleep for now, though" He leans in to kiss him again.