02

"Dude ... You have no idea how hard this is" Harry raises his brows at his friend, "Why didn't I major in something easier?"

"You said you love Law?"

"It's still not easy ... I mean, I could've joined along with you"

"You think all I do is sing and play? It's more complicated than that. There are plenty of researches to do, and a whole new level of competition ... Besides, What else do you have to do? I've got my training, the club, and my family issues"

Mike presses his lips together for a second, "Yeah ..." Harry shakes his head and resumes his workout. "How's everything going though? You haven't-"

"Harry!" Mike doesn't suppress his groaning when he hears the familiar voice and turns to a different treadmill away from them. Harry sighs and stops, turning his attention to the duo. "The hell is wrong with him?" Louis mutters as he frowns towards Mike. Zayn smiles and waves at Harry before turning to walk to Mike who seems unhappy by his approach. Harry gives Louis a knowing look but Louis just shrugs. "So ..."

"Why are you here?"

"To see you getting sweaty" Harry stares at him for a second before continuing what he was doing, giving Louis the chance to talk about whatever as long as he doesn't have to answer. "But seriously, we were passing by and we thought to greet you on our way" Louis grins.

But Harry's eyes are focusing somewhere else. Zayn is still smiling at Mike, but it's genuine, like they're actually considering a friendship with him and Mike. Mike obviously is trying to avoid him, putting his earbuds in, but with Zayn standing in front of him, it just takes one glance for him to stumble and fall.

"Keep Zayn away from my friend" Because Harry knows, he'd been there first. Zayn's eyes are mesmerizing, and his smile is blinding, and him being close isn't benefiting the other person. He still watches as Zayn's face break into an amused expression and a wider smile showing his teeth, and is probably giggling from the way his shoulders move, laughing as he helps Mike to his feet who is wearing a glare on his face and Harry could swear he's blushing from embarrassment.

"He's not harmful" Louis shrugs but Harry disagrees. Zayn's flirtations is harmful. His heart already belongs to another. "Your friend knows what he can and can't offer"

Harry sighs. Mike pushes Zayn away and stops him from following him when he goes away. Zayn finds his way back to Harry and Louis when Mike is out of his sight.

"Never seen a rejection this fast" Louis pinches Zayn's cheek, "You lost your charm, Zee"

Zayn just bats his hand away, "I'm not working" then he turns to Harry and flutters his lashes at him when Harry stares making him roll his eyes but earns a smug look on Zayn's face. "Nope, still works" he turns to Louis and wraps his arms around Louis' shoulders, resting his head there.

They don't stay for long, and Harry finds Mike walking back to him after they're gone, glaring when Harry grins at him.

=====

One thing that Harry learned about Louis and Zayn is that they're not connected to the others. They'll talk, laugh, and mess around with the rest of the team inside the club, but they'll never seek a true connection between them. Harry wonders why the duo are keen on having a friendship with him, or if it's yet another show to put on.

He sees Niall at the campus, but he hasn't seen Zayn with him since that encounter at the gym. It's only now as he enters the club, he sees Zayn at the hallway, leaning back on the wall as his eyes focus on a specific scene. Liam with an angry expression on his face, and possibly wants to beat the hell out of Louis as the latter stand in front of him with a satisfied grin. Zayn on the other hand, looks nervous with his bottom lip caught between his teeth.