07

Harry doesn't go far when he sees an ambulance driving fast in the opposite direction. At first he doesn't put it in mind, but glances at the rearview mirror to find it going towards Zayn's house. He doesn't panic, but he's worried, and just hopes everything is alright. He takes a U turn and follows the ambulance until he reaches Zayn's house again.

He might be a second too late when he steps out of the car, but he sees Zayn getting in the back before the doors are closed. Zayn is okay. But it doesn't make the situation better. Because if he's not the one, then it's Louis, and Zayn cares too much for him which would put him in a 'worried-shit' situation.

Harry gets in his car again following the ambulance until it reaches the nearest hospital, and because he's not allowed in the emergency entry, he parks his car a bit further before stepping inside and trying to spot Zayn. He asks around, and eventually finds him pacing outside the ER. He approaches him slowly, placing one of his hands on Zayn's arm to stop him. Zayn looks up, or rather snaps up his head towards him, big eyes alarmed and tensed body.

"What happened?"

Zayn exhales and his posture relaxes a bit. "Louis wasn't breathing when I checked on him, he wasn't ... His heart beat was close to non-existent and I don't know why but ... I just ..." Zayn huffs, his hand is reaching up, placed under his hair on his forehead and tries to take in a breath again.

"He'll be fine"

"He should" Zayn replies, crosses his arms over his chest and Harry notices that he's shivering. Zayn is wearing a long-sleeved shirt but the material is light, a pair of joggers and converse that probably belong to Louis that he's surprised Zayn even put them on.

He takes off his coat bringing it around Zayn's shoulders and Zayn wasn't looking in his direction, too focused or lost in the ER direction making his eyes snap up again towards Harry. He doesn't even notice his own shivering body until the coat is around his arms and Harry's closing it on his body that he feels a familiar warmth. He looks down on himself remembering how one of the medics told him to wear something in his feet before going out. He picked Louis' phone which was the nearest and dialed them up, luckily they were close so they responded fast.

"Thank you" Zayn mumbles, glad that Harry's coat is bigger in size to cover most of his body and hide his hands. Harry even pulls the hood over him and just smiles softly at him as a response.

"Want to get something hot to drink and sit down?" Harry offers, "When they're done they'll come to you. You pacing outside the door won't help anyone. It actually annoys that little girl" Harry whispers the last part making Zayn dart his eyes in the same direction Harry's do and sighs, nodding at last and walks with Harry to the cafeteria attached close to them.

Zayn suddenly remembers that he actually has no money on him. He didn't even grab his phone, and Louis' phone that he used is probably laid on Louis' bed. Harry notices. "I got this. No prob" Zayn doesn't reply to him then but does thank him when he hands him his cup.

Zayn's eyes are glancing every five seconds towards the ER, hands –or only the tips of his fingers, the rest are covered by the coats' sleeves– on his nearly untouched drink, and Harry wonders if he should remind him every couple of minutes that he's still here. Because Zayn is distracted, and Harry wishes he can pull him out of this trance, or distract him away from the situation if he could.

They probably stayed there for an hour, maybe less, Harry isn't counting and Zayn is too stressed to notice anything but the ER door being opened. Despite what Harry thought, Zayn isn't showing much of his nervousness, just waits there until the door is actually opened and he is standing and walking towards the doctor coming out of it in a second.