04

Zayn feels fingers brushing through his hair and stroking his cheeks before trying to flutter his eyes open. At first the vision is blurry, and he slowly blinks few more times to adjust to the new faint light in the room. The curtains are still closed, or so he guesses because he made sure they are yesterday before going to bed. He thinks it's Louis, he didn't wait up for him and maybe he's just checking on him before going out.

But it's not Louis, and if it wasn't for his sleepy condition he might have pushed that person away.

Harry.

"The hell are you doing here?" He knows his voice is raspy, low, and barely above a whisper. He didn't intend for it to come out like that, but oh well.

Harry is close, he's practically half laying on the bed looking down at him, but Zayn doesn't tilt his head up for a better view nor even try to swat his hands away. There's a faint smile on Harry's face and Zayn now recognizes the light from the opened door. Another question, how did Harry get in?

"I met Louis at the building's entry, he gave me the key and might hinted not to wake you up" Harry's voice is also quiet, it's slow and deep and Zayn might be thankful for it at this hour. "Which I didn't" Zayn opens his eyes again to look up at him and tries his best to raise an eyebrow but all that Harry sees is big eyes staring up at him. His smile grows slightly. "I didn't" Harry insists and Zayn decides to drop it. He doesn't want to ask when he got here or for how long had he been watching him sleep because it's creepy, or probably because he doesn't want to hear the answer to it. Harry's fingers are still stroking his cheeks and he slides his thumb across Zayn's lips. In a final attempt, Zayn actually swats his hands away and pulls the covers over his face. He can hear Harry's chuckle and feels him getting off the bed.

He doesn't get out of the room though, and Zayn opens his eyes when he feels the covers being pulled away from his face momentarily before he sees his rabbit snuggling to his face.

"You forgot your ... Little Louis"

"Mini Tommo" Zayn corrects him as he reaches with his hands, still under the covers, to gently stroke the rabbit's fur.

"Right" Harry pauses for a minute, still sitting on the bed, and Zayn wishes he'd just go and leave him be. He needs a little time to fully wake up. "Can we talk now?"

Zayn takes a deep breath before pulling the covers off himself and sits up. He waits for Harry to speak up and Harry glances at him before focusing his gaze on his lap.

"About last night ..." Last night. Something that he tries to erase from his memory. "You were right about ... my father. We had a sort of ... argument. And I just wanted to go away to clear my mind, and you ... you were the first person I thought about. That's why I called. It wasn't planned, but you mentioned it and I wanted to see your reaction and ... yeah"

Zayn turns his face to look at him. A mistake then? He can accept that. "And in case you're still thinking about the whole fancy stuff. The car is actually mine. I didn't buy it, my father did, but you know ... It's just mine now. And the reservation was for a supposed meeting ..." Harry pauses for a second and Zayn watches. He looks troubled, and he is thinking about replying, saying anything for the matter but Harry keeps going.

"I admit I was a bit out of it, and perhaps you noticed. I don't usually ..." he sighs, "Yeah, not my best, but" he turns to Zayn, "I still mean what I said to you. I do like you. But I do understand that it wasn't the right time, and for that I'm sorry"

Harry can't just come to his room and talk to him about a serious matter when he just woke up. He just can't. It takes some time for Zayn to process.