11

Although his friends from home would call him occasionally and he does have some here too, Harry sometimes feels that he might have taken the wrong decision, and now as he waits, staring into the elevator digital screen counting the floors to his destination, he wonders if the gap in his life is really filled, because Zayn is still away, he doesn't feel his life any different than before. There's still distance between them and it's not the physical space.

He closes his eyes and inhales deeply, he's not going to have this conversation with himself now. Perhaps he can change it. Patience. Time. He knows time is an important factor, giving Zayn time and space to adjust, but he sometimes wonders after three years of their push and pull, will it ever come to an end?

The dinging sound of the elevator makes him open his eyes again and they soon widen as someone crashes right into him and dropping whatever he's holding to the floor. He hears him mumbling apologies as he glances up at him, taking in his appearance before he's reaching down to collect his things. Harry notices there are glasses on the floor among other things that the guy is trying to reach first and Harry should probably help too out of politeness, so he does, bending down to help the guy collect his things, but a hand beats them both to the glasses and Harry looks up to find Zayn.

"There you go" He smiles as he places the glasses on the guy who's blushing, standing still, eyes fixed on Zayn's before Zayn looks into his and he quickly averts his gaze. Harry's eyes narrow at him. "Told you hundreds of times not to run in the hallway" His tone is light and teasing and Harry almost slaps him on the face. Is he being invisible or something?

"Nice to meet you too" He mumbles as he stands up and Zayn glances up at him for a second before he's making sure the guy is alright then standing up as well.

"Don't be an ass" Zayn sighs and Harry bites his tongue on a retort, "This is our neighbor, Gus. Gus, this is my boyfriend, Harry" Zayn turns to the guy –Gus– again and Harry certainly notices how the guy looks at him one more time as he nods, looking down and picking his things before standing up as well.

"Yeah, s-sorry, um, I- I should be on my way. Have a good day" He directs his last sentence to Zayn more than the two of them and gets inside the elevator as Harry steps out. Zayn smiles wider and waves at him until the doors are closing and the numbers are decreasing on the digital screen.

"He's such a cutie"

Harry turns with furrowed brows, "Excuse me?"

"Like an actual nerd, with books and glasses and all, but he's cute" Zayn still keeps his smile as he walks towards his apartment, "He often stumbles over his words and blushes too much when you talk to him"

"Not really. He just seems to do so with you"

Zayn unlocks his door and steps in, "Really? Even though I didn't even mention Louis yet" He grins as he turns to Harry who still has his brows furrowed, "He has a massive crush on Louis. I sometimes like to tease him about it"

"You're horrible"

Zayn closes the door after him, "It's innocent teasing, I swear. It's not like I'm bullying him. If I really wanted to I would've stolen his glasses for a day, see what he does without them. But he's just too cute, I know I wouldn't have the heart to"

"He can see without his glasses" Harry is one hundred percent sure.

"He's been our neighbor ever since we moved in here, Harry. I think I know if he does or doesn't"

"Well, I think you're blind" Harry mumbles and Zayn turns to him again, "Honestly, you're having goodwill when it's not needed"

"Rude"