03

Louis only muttered to him that the traffic was heavy before kneeling beside Zayn and brushing his fingers through Zayn's hair to make him look up. Harry still remembers the look on his face, the silent tears, and his big glossy-red eyes looking up at Louis. They don't talk, Louis just smiles softly at him while stroking his cheeks before taking Zayn in his arms and allowing him to let it out. Harry doesn't interfere, it's not his place to say or do anything, and he was about to leave when Louis asked him for a ride home, cradling an already sleeping Zayn. He remembers how Louis' face was cold, and Harry understands, Louis probably wants nothing more than to go after Niall and cut him to tiny pieces until he's satisfied. The drive is silent, and Louis doesn't even smile when he thanks him for the ride. Harry doesn't blame him.

Harry doesn't receive any messages from Louis for a whole week, but then he gets a call the following one asking for a ride to the airport.

"The airport?"

"Niall's flight is today, and Zayn isn't home. He is not answering his phone either, and it's the only place I can think of"

Harry sighs, "I'll pick you up"

Louis thanks him again and Harry isn't sure why he is involved but he agreed to it and he drives to Louis' place first before heading to the airport.

They're not late. They find Zayn, and Niall along with his girlfriend, but Louis doesn't move.

"Didn't you come here to stop this from happening again?"

Harry watches Louis' reaction but Louis is calm, he is still not smiling and probably glaring at Niall but he doesn't move, just watches as Zayn stares at Niall and Dalphine sharing kisses then diverting his eyes and taking a deep breath before approaching the couple.

"No. He needs this" Harry frowns at Louis' statement. If he was at Louis' shoes, he wouldn't. But Louis knows Zayn the best, and Harry finds himself watching another heartbreaking scene.

Niall frowns once he sees Zayn and Dalphine furrows her brows too. Zayn's face is blank, he has bags under his eyes and his hair is messy, and Harry thinks it's unfair for Zayn to still look good in this condition.

"Just listen to me for five minutes before getting on that plane" Zayn's voice is quiet, and he doesn't glance at Dalphine's way, just fixes his gaze on Niall. Niall stares at him for a minute before nodding. "The record deal you're going for is uncertain. I know some people and ... You're just auditioning, Niall. You don't know for sure they'll even take you" Zayn pulls a card out of his pocket, "This is a friend of mine, just call him. I told him about you and made him listen to some of your songs and he's more than eager to sign a deal right away" he offers the card to Niall and waits.

"Wait ... I know you!" Dalphine breaks the moment, "You're working at that club" Niall frowns and turns to her, "He's a prostitute" she tells Niall, and Zayn doesn't correct her. He isn't, and even if he was doing half of the things he does, it was for a good reason. But Niall turns to Zayn with wide eyes.

"How does she know that?" Harry whispers to Louis.

"Might be a stripper, or lost someone to Zayn. There are so many people that enter the club, I can't tell if she was one of them" Louis shrugs. Wait. Does she hold a grudge against Zayn? Is that why she's doing this?

"It's not a night club ... But I did gather the money through some ... activities. You don't think I paid for your collage fees while working as a waiter or something?" Harry again thinks that Niall should at least appreciate that Zayn resorted to such means for him.

"And this friend of yours is one of your clients?" Dalphine presses in again even after Zayn denying the fact that he isn't what she described him earlier, not exactly. "Niall, you have a chance to show off your skills!" she smiles at Niall, "Through someone who'd look at your talent, not through someone's ass" she sends a dirty look towards Zayn who narrows his eyes at her. Have she not heard a word he said?