Chapter 6

After we finished eating breakfast, the whole time I was wondering that why he didn't came down for breakfast? And right on cue he came down, all dressed up in a black suit, going out.

"Zain where are you going?" Uncle called. I tried my best to not to turn and look at him.

"Work dad. Meeting in half an hour." He said.

"Zain, you do know that today's the henna function, and you're wedding is in two days?" Uncle said.

"Yes dad, I know. But I have to go, this is very important." He said and started walking.

"Okay Allah hafiz everyone..." I said and got up from my seat.

"Now where, are you going?" My dad asked.

"Uni dad, my last day" I said.

"No..you're not going anywhere. Today is your henna function" mama said coming forward.

"I know mama, but today is also my last day at Uni and I also have to take my transfer certificate. I had to go and since the function is after Maghrib, so I'll be back by five." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Okay, Zain is going, he'll drop you both on his way." Dad said and Uncle told one of the maids to go and send Zain in, if he's there.

I looked towards Sanjh, my cousin, who also studies with me in Uni for help. And she nodded her head.

"It's okay Uncle we'll go by ourself" she said.

"What rubbish? Hanya's car is in the garage, and all the other car's are busy. So how will you both go?" He asked.

"We'll take a public transport" I quickly said.

"You both are going with Zain" dad said and I sighed, soon he came in and I was looking down.

"Dad you called me?" He asked.

"Yes, Hani and Sanjh are going to the Uni. Drop them" Uncle said.

"But dad, I have a meeting" he said

"It's okay Uncle, we'll go by ourself. As it is, we're not ready also." I said.

"No, Zain you're dropping them" Uncle ordered and got up.

"I'm waiting outside." He said and walked out. We both quickly ran to our room to get ready. Since I already took a bath in the morning, I quickly wore denim, pink colored long top, pinned my white hijab securely and quickly wore my white sneakers.

I went outside but there I found out that Sanjh haven't come up til now and here I thought that I was the one who was taking time in getting ready. I saw him talking on the phone and then I realized that he hasn't eaten anything.

I quickly went inside the kitchen, packed some sandwich for him and then went outside only to see Sanjh talking to him. I quickly put the box in my purse.

"God how much time you take to get ready?" She said in a dramatic tone and I rolled my eyes. She sat in the back and I walked towards the car when her laugh flashed in front of my eyes.

She use to always sit on the passenger side, because it was only for her, she use to always say this. And like always I use to be at the back!! I passed by the passenger side and opened the back gate and got in. Sanjh was giving me a frown while he was just staring at me from the rearview mirror.

Soon we reached Uni and Sanjh quickly got out and rushed inside as if she was on fire. I got out so did he. He was just standing at his side while I walked towards him.

"This is for you. You skipped breakfast." I said handing him the box.

"It's not a big deal. I'm use to it." He said in a flat tone.

I looked up at him "She hated this, when you didn't do your breakfast" I said and closed my eyes clenching my fist. When I opened my eyes he was looking at me with the same expression that I was giving him.

****************

I was wearing a green sharara and didn't applied any make up. I wasn't a big fan of make up. My heart beat was at the top now, I can feel my heartbeat. Soon everyone came to take me down where the function will be taking place. They put me under the decorative dupatta which they were holding from the four corners.

"Damn, I'm sure you'll look so pretty when we'll bring you down for henna under the dupatta. And I'll be holding one of the corners" her words rang through my ear and I clutched tightly the side of my long kurti, as I went down the stairs.

I don't know why but I suddenly looked up and he was staring at me. He was wearing a long black kurta with a shalwar.

"You know, he likes henna. Isn't it awesome? We both like henna." Her words again rang in my ear as I took a step down.

"Hanya, take a picture of us na!! Wait, not now let me take a pose, or else all the henna will mess up" she said and looked at him.

"Hani, you don't have to listen to her...you go and do your work" he said laughing!!

"Oh please, you both get ready fast!!" I said.

"Ready..." she yelled. She had wrapped her hands around  his neck, and he was holding her waist. They both were looking at each other lovingly while a blush formed on her cheeks. They both were so in love and just right then I clicked.

And that's when I realized that it was the same pic as a wallpaper in his laptop. I froze on the stair. My eyes were glued to him, as he was also staring back at me with the same intensity. Did he also remember, what I remembered? And just right then an ear piercing scream rang in my ear...

"Zaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn...."

That was it. I lost all my control as I sat down on the middle of the stairs. What am I doing? And my tears broke free...