XXI: Date Me

ERRORS AHEAD

I'm baaaaaaaaack! HAPPY NEW YEAR, MAGICS! Lovelots.
---

Bu Bu Jing Xin didn't help at all. It was midnight and my eyes are still wide awake, I was lying on my back, staring at the white ceiling of my hotel room. Why can't I sleep? Groaning, I jumped out of my bed to change clothes. I'd rather roam around the busy streets of Hongkong than spend the rest of my time here doing nothing.

I wore my black midriff top and a high waisted shorts with my gray coat. Eating street food would be nice, maybe I should go and buy some things tonight.

It was dawn but there is still a lot of people on the streets. Friday nights, I thought. Oh, it has been so long since I went to a bar but I don't feel like going though. It's a no-no to go out and drink in a different country especially when you're alone. I don't want to be involved in a one night stand for fuck's sake.

The night market is full of people, everyone was busy at buying and selling things. I came closer when I saw a cute keychain in one store, it was a broken glass. I looked up and asked for the price, it was a bit expensive so it took me some time to bargain. Fortunately, the vendor was nice enough to let me get it for a cheaper price.

I was smiling from ear to ear when I stepped out of the store and started looking for streetfood that I've been craving for since yesterday. Luckily, I found one. I was in the middle of eating when someone stood beside me and ordered his, his scent filled my nostrils. He definitely smells good! I swallowed the remaining food inside my mouth and simply glanced at him, curious of what he looks like when I dropped my jaw.

Why do we always meet?

Fate wasn't on my side because before I could even walk away, he met my gaze. Slowly, a grin appeared on his face, "Fu Yixia!"

It would be so rude of me not to return the smile he gave me so I did smile back, "Jin-ssi."

He looked behind me then around us, like he was searching for someone else. Maybe he's with someone, I shrugged. "You're alone?" He asked.

It took me a couple of seconds to respond, "Yes." I bobbed my head, "How about you?"

"I just came from MAMA, the other members are in the hotel already. Y'know, tired." He chuckled and I couldn't help but admit that he looks really good especially with his pink hair. "Why are you here anyway?" He picked up the stick and started eating.

I faced my paper plate and hesitated if I should continue eating mine or just leave already, but food is life so I chose to stay. "I'm on vacation, we all deserve some time to rest, right?" I looked at him and smiled.

His hand reached for my face and I quickly moved away, he giggled, "I'm glad you're smiling now."

It made me chuckle while shaking my head, "A smiling face doesn't mean a happy life." I may be smiling, but deep inside everything is hurting. I just have to hide it because no one should know, they won't understand.

I didn't expect it but he pouted his lips like a small child being teased and likes it, "Happiness comes from within."

I bursted into laughter, "Ya, mwoya? Where did those words come from?" Although I do admit, he looked really cute back there. I propped my chin on my hand and inched forward to his face, "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

He looked at me like I asked a very stupid question, I almost laughed, "You know that I am a Kpop idol, right?" I nodded my head, "In our world, dating is a risk. Our career is at stake here and I think the right girl is the only person who's worth taking it for."