XXVI: Surprise

ERRORS AHEAD

PS: COMMENTS PLS! I'm begging. :(

---

The city lights look amazing from my view, it felt free. Staring at it makes me think like everyone who lives in this city is free and happy, but we'll never know the real situation if we don't stare too close. It might look peaceful from afar but it's nothing but chaos, and greed inside. Each and every person is fighting for their own place, for their own position in someone else's life.

Liu Xianqin ran her way out after hearing my words, I tried to search for something inside me but nothing came. I didn't feel guilty, instead I felt hollow. I stared at the seat she vacated, weighing my thoughts if I'm really going to be happy once this ends but hell, there's no time for that. I should just continue doing what I am doing, so I can claim what's mine.

Luhan called me later that night, told me that they fought because of that picture and I admitted that it was me who showed it. He was surprised, a little mad because it wasn't right, he told me that I should just let him handle this problem.

But there's no way I'm going to let that happen.

I pulled my blinds close and turned away. Xianqin sent me a text earlier, inviting me for dinner downstairs. I don't know what she wants but I'm always up for it. It's been a couple of weeks since I told her about Luhan's affair, but I think she wants to know more tonight. I glanced at my wrist watch, she's probably waiting for me already. I released a deep sigh before I stepped out of the elevator.

I strode towards the restaurant and was greeted by the maître d'hôtel, I told her Xianqin's name and she ushered me to our table where she was actually waiting. She looks well, but I can see exhaust in her eyes. She must be seeking for more answers. "Hey," I greeted.

She gave a sad smile, "Fu Yixia." She then pointed out the chair in front of her, I sat down. "I hope you don't mind that I already ordered food for us."

I nodded my head, "No, not at all."

She licked her lip and I noticed her fingers fidgeting, "I'm sorry if I asked you out suddenly."

A waiter came to us to offer wine, we both agreed. I watched him pour wine in our glasses, "It's really okay, I also want to know if you're doing fine." I also want to know if you're close to breaking up with him. The waiter turned away when he was finished pouring wine. My fingers reached for the glass and I immediately took a sip, staring at the girl in front of me.

She sighed, "Do you have any news about the girl?"

I am the girl. My eyes narrowed at her, her eyes are pleading at me, begging to know more answers. Oh, girl. I'm itching to tell you everything but you have to break up with Luhan first. I put my glass back on the table and took my phone out, "I have new pictures, but this is all I have right now." I raised my head to look at her, "I'm sorry."

She bobbed her head, "It's okay."

I clicked an album filled with Luhan's picture with me, but I made sure that my face is hidden in all pictures. I clicked one picture that I took one time, I just woke up that morning and Luhan was hugging me from the back, his lips were kissing my bare shoulder, it was clearly seen that we are just covered by the white sheet but my face was cropped out. I bit my lower lip as I give it to her.