XVIII: She Knows

ERRORS AHEAD

Ps: Comments, still! Love you! We're sooooooo ending soon! :(

TWEET ME: #IARWLH

---

MY HEART was racing fast as time passes by, I chose to step out of my office only to find my other officemates gossiping. My eyes caught the same article that was shown in their gadgets' screens. I clenched my jaw as I crossed my arms, "If you're here to gossip about the CEO's son then you should probably pass your resignation letters."

They immediately scattered and went back to their own desks. Shitty people who only knows how to judge others without even knowing the real story. Well, what is real, Fu Yixia? Luhan did cheat! I rolled my eyes, strutted my way to the elevator. I want some fresh air, the rooftop is like a mini garden.

I wanted to collapse on the floor the moment I stepped out of the elevator. Damn, I am so exhausted of everything. I tried to dial Luhan's number for a couple of times more but it's still unreachable. He must turned his phone off to keep the reporters away. I sat at the bench, leaned my head back and stared at the blue sky. I suddenly wondered if everything is coming to an end.

Will Xianqin finally break up with him? Are we finally having our chance? Or it's all about to get worse?

My phone started ringing and I thought it was Luhan, too much to my dismay, it was Xianqin. I was having second thoughts about answering it but who cares, I've done worse things, why should I think about answering the damn call. "Hello," I tried to sound calm, not leaving any hint of disappointment.

[H-Have you seen the article, Fu Yixia?] Her voice was hoarse and she totally didn't sound like she knows anything. I can't believe she's still clueless until now.

I sat straight and crossed my legs, "Yes, Xianqin." I sighed, "I told you, you should just break up with him. Now the whole world knows."

She sniffed on the other line. Oh, so she's crying. [Can we meet?]

What does she want this time? I can't show her pictures with Yi Fan and his family, not even our pictures with Elle and Tao. "Yeah, I'm getting off work in an hour."

[Alright, I'll meet you at the same restaurant. I'll reserve the VIP room.]

I shrugged my shoulders and ended the call. I want to know if I'm in the right place but I already started this war, I should go on with it because that's the only option I got. I tried to call Luhan again but I still got nothing from it. He should at least tell me what's happening! Ugh, I'm so worried. I can't even go to his father's office and ask because that would be too obvious.

I stayed there for a few minutes before I decided to go back to my office. For the last hour of work, I did my best to focus on reading the reports for the finances of the last quarter but I couldn't process anything. My attention was still on my phone, hoping that Luhan would call me anytime.

In the end, I got up and left, heading to the restaurant to meet his girlfriend, soon to be ex-girlfriend, I suppose. Before I hopped out of my car, my phone vibrated. It was a text from him.

Don't worry, babe. I'll fix this mess, I love you.

Relief washed over me. Finally, at least I heard something from him, that's good enough for now. I hopped out of my car and threw my car to the valet before entering the restaurant. I mentioned Xianqin's name, they ushered me to one of the VIP rooms here. They use it for business purposes and for the celebrities who would like some privacy. I've been here once with Luhan, in this exact room, but Liu Xianqin doesn't have to know that.