In Labour

Eight months later..

The sun shone clear and bright in the late July afternoon, eight months after she left Dylan's Mansion. Elizabeth had traveled on a trip with Alex, unable for Dylan to track her whereabout. She left America, living in the south side of Chicago, where they were lack of Facilities, So Dylan wouldn't have succeeded even if he had tired tracking down.

She heard from Brenna recently, telling her she would hopefully see her before her baby is born. She had hold on to that. Brenna as tried to persuade her on taking pictures of her baby bump. But she had decline telling her she didn't want Dylan to find out about her pregnancy.

She was in the kitchen making a fresh pitcher of over tea when she saw Alex on the porch grinning at her.
He came inside and his eyes fell on Elizabeth's protruding abdomen.

"How are you feeling, Liz?" he asked going over to her side and placed an arm around what once had been a trim waist.

Elizabeth wasn't exactly sure on how to answer that. She was miserable. Excited. Frightened. Eager. So many emotion were coming at her, she didn't know which one pick out and answer.

"Elizabeth?"

"I feel fine, " There was no need for her to list her complaints for him. She felt funny all of a suddenly. She didn't know of any other way to describe it. As the doctor has explained, there were a dozen different aches and pain the last few weeks of any pregnancy. Given time, Elizabeth figured she'd grow accustomed to the feeling, too.

"That my angel, Liz, you look so tired , hope you didn't stress yourself?" he asked, taking her by the hands gently.

"No Alex, I just made you your favorite dish and some ice tea"

"Have you heard from Stales and Brenna?" he asked taking the dish to the dinning for her.

"Yes, I heard from them. Brenna called and she hope she will still be able to see with my baby bump before he or is born."

He looked at her smiling gently. "she wants too know how her sister looks like with her baby ump, huh?." she blushed. "And what about Stales?"

"He told me he will try visiting some day, he's a very busy man after he left his brother's mansion. He decided to set up his own business." she told him as she stood up.

"Don't they have a family, apart from one another?" he asked curiously. He wondered how Dylan had made it big alone, probably With his parents money or...

He was cut him short In his trance by Elizabeth's reply.

"Stales once told me they lost their parents in a fatal accident also, unfortunately, Dylan was with them, but he survived.". She wondered if it was the accident that resulted to him believing he couldn't make a baby.

"oh. " was all he said before putting the food inside their plate.

When Elizabeth reached inside the cupboard to get a glass, a sharp pain slit her side. She let out a soft cry.

"Liz, are you okay?" he asked going over to her side.

Clenching her swollen abdomen, Elizabeth's startled gaze fell to Alex Face.

"Oh my goodness. I just felt a pain."

Alex Paled. "you're in Labour?"

Smiling, wide-eyed, she nodded slowly. "I must be. I didn't expect them to start of so strong."

Alex was holding her gently. "Now what?"

"I think I should call the doctor". She said.

"No." Alex's arms flew out as if holding her would halt the course of nature .