Chapter 17

"Because the Decepticons have discovered the location of our base." Optimus said.

Starscream leading hundreds of Decepticons diving through the air, coming towards to fast.

"Attack! Attack! ATTACK!!" You heard Starscream screamed with enjoyment to the army of Decepticons, the jets came closer and closer to the base and the Autobots stood their fighting positions ready for a fight, you however ran to the rock beside and stood close to it so you'll less likely to get shot.

A weird noise came after the shooting from the cons, bug like cybertronians followed behind.

'Scrap' you thought. Insecticons, how come you didn't know the Insecticons are working for Megatron, but it doesn't matter now. What matter is try not to die.

Smokescreen shot at the insecticons that landed on the edge of the rock, Bulkhead got tackled with one. The Autobots are just dealing fine with all the cons that's coming but what's worse is that there's more coming, there's about another thirty to forty insecticons flying your way. Optimus noticed it too, he swinged the fixed Star Saber at the Insecticons direction and an energy wave shot right out of the Star saber and straight towards the cons. Once it hit one, they started to explode. It was an amazing sight but there's no time admire the sight.

"Autobots, into the base." Optimus ordered seeing there's more cons coming. You ran to the elevator that brought you and the bots up to the roof, you stoof there waiting for the others to get on and avoiding con's shooting.

"Fowler what are you doing?" you heard bulkhead screamed. You couldn't hear Agent Fowler's response, but you know that he's staying out here when the helicopter Agent Fowler came with started rising to the sky. The Decepticons kept shooting, all Autobots got on the elevator and it started to get down. Once the elevator reached the level and is stabled you ran out toward the main room the Autobots right behind you.

"What's happening?" You heard Jack ask Ratchet.

"What's going on out there." Ratchet asked once he saw Optimus.

"The Decepticons have invaded Jasper." Optimus said.

"And Fowler seems to think he can hold them off." Bulkhead added.

"Prime! Reinforcement just arrived" Agent Fowler's voice came through the comlink.

"Agent Fowler." Optimus started telling him to retreat. "You're military cannot avail again th-"

"You didn't think I'm going to let team prime have all the fun, did you?" an unexpected voice came through the comlink, a voice of an old wrecker that you did not expect to be on Earth.

"Hahaha!" Bulkhead laughed in joy "It's jackie!"

"how come there's so many bot's on Earth that no one's bothered to mention it." you complained to yourself for missing on so much information.

"Wheeljack? But, how did you-" Ratchet asked in surprise, not knowing how Wheeljack can come at the perfect time when they need reinforcement.

"Picked up a strange energy surge," Wheeljack opened the vision while answering the unfinished question. "Hope you don't mind the company." He added with a smirk.

"No," Ratchet said in a too nice tone for a bot like Wheeljack. "It's just that after everything, well-" he said, finding the right word to say.

'After everything? I wonder what happened.' you thought.

"We're still on the same team, doc. Allways will be." Wheeljack replied in much confident, that's when the comlink ended.

Optimus walked away from the group, you saw him looking at the ground thinking.

"Ratchet," He said after a few second. "Prepare the bridge, everyone out of here." he said.

"We're abandoning the base?" Ratchet ask in disbelief.

"The base is lost." Optimus said. "Wheeljack and Agent Fowler can only buy us time to escape. Bumblebee, Rafael, you will depart first." he said, you can see from his optics that he had made the decision, a decision that cannot be changed.

"Yes sir." Bumblebee beeped.

"You're splitting us up?" Rafael asked confused of the Autobot leader's decision.

"Shouldn't we stick together?" Jack added.

"All for one and one for all?" Miko asked giving Optimus the puppy dog eyes.

"We'll catch too much attention if we move together." You said to the children, standing on Optimus's side.

"We must disperse to avoid capture." Optimus said proving your point. "Till we can regroup and launch a counterattack."he stopped for a second and added "Survival, is are only priority now."

No one made another objection, not even Ratchet made a sound. He just walked over to open a ground bridge for Bee and Raf.

The kids got on their guardian and you got on Smokescreen, you know that this goodbye is different from the others, it's not just a few days it could be a few weeks, a few months or even year.

The ground bridge open and closed again. Changing the coordinates every time until all the kids and their guardian has left and it's now your turn. Smokescreen drove through the ground bridge without rejection like he used to, you looked back at the base one last time before everything turned white.