Chapter 19

"Thank the Allspark you're okay." you said by the sight of Smokescreen. "You found the forge." looking amazed at the massive hammer he's holding, and he doesn't even have a scratch on him.

"Optimus. I have the forge." Smokescreen reported kneeling down to Optimus. "You can use it to repare yourself."

"That. Is not the reason I have you retrieve the relic." Optimus said breathing heavily.

"What? Then what's the reason?" You asked confused.

"I-I don't understand." Smokescreen said as confused as you are.

"The power of the forge, is not unlimited. It's energy have already began to end." Optimus said.

"So it's running low. Who cares." Smokescreen said. "All we need is enough juice to get you back into fighting shape." you nodded in agreement.

"Whatever power remain. Must be used to rebuilt the Omega lock." Optimus said slowly. "To restore cybertron."

"But that would mean-" Smokescreen said not wanting to say the word.

"You would-" you said.

"The fate of our kind." Optimus keep saying. "Is more vital than, that, of any, one of us, including me." he said trying to finish the sentence.

"Optimus, the forge is a relic of the Primes. We can't use it to restore Cybertron. Not without a prime." you said to the leader who turned his head from Smokescreen to you. "Not without you."

"There will be, a new prime." Optimus said.

Smokescreen sighed at Optimus's respond and stood up. "You can worry about that when we get you patched up and take down Megatron." he said turning around to get the forge but Optimus hold his arm to stop him.

"The time for a new leader is upon us, in my spark. I believe that leader stands before me right now." Optimus finishes his sentence, you shot your head right up at Smokescreen who has his Optics wider than ever, like he just seen something horrifying.

"I-I can't do this" Smokescreen said when he sort of recovered from the shock. "I mean sure, who doesn't want to became a Prime but I'm really not ready that kind of responsibility."

"Smokescreen." Optimus said looking at the young bot. "The choice is neither yours or mine to make. When it is time, the Matrix of leadership would only present itself to one who's spark is worthy." after that there was only silent. Smokescreen was deep in thoughts while Optimus closed his Optics to rest.

"Smokescreen-" you called out to him to say your opinion but Optimus interrupted.

"Who stands before me?" Optimus said, both you can Smokescreen looked at him confused.

"What?" you asked, he's not looking at either of you it's like he's talking to someone else.

"It's me Optimus, Smokescreen." Smokescreen said worried.

"Who beckons..." Optimus didn't finish his sentence, his optics started flickering then suddenly they're turned off. Optimus's spark chambered opened the the Matrix is revealed.

"No." you said, tears filling up your eye, you put your hand on your mouth to stop you from crying out loud. 'This shouldn't be how it end' you thought, you never thought it would end this way. Smokescreen stood up and walked away from Optimus.

"Smoke, what are you doing?" you asked looking up at him voice shaking.

"Trying to safe Optimus." he said pulling the forge towards Optimus. He put the forge's handle on Optimus's servo but nothing happened.

"Come on, come on! Work!!" Smokescreen said frustrated. "Why isn't t working?"

You looked at Smokescreen then at the forge, it's glowing dimmer than you last saw it. "There's not enough power." you said running over next to the forge. "There has to be someway to recharge the energy, there have to be." you put your hand on the forge for balance while you climb onto Optimus's servo to have a closer look for anything you can press or something. When you touched the forge you felt a little part of you be sucked out of you. That's when it clicked.

"It's not his time yet. It's mine." you said in realization.

"What?" Smokescreen look at you confused.

"This is my destiny." you said looking down at your hand.

"What are you talking about?" Smokescreen said looking at you like your out of your mind.

"This is my destiny." you repeated again while putting your hands on the forge and it started glowing.

"What's happening?" Smokescreen asked confused and worried.

"You were right. Everything happens for a reason. I'm here for a reason and this is my reason. It's my destiny." You said looking up to your gaurdian. "There are energon like things in me that give me healing powers and it's the same energy as the forge." you can feel energy run through your body out of your hands into the forge.

"You-you're sacrificing?" he looked at you and you smiled at him and noded. He scowled, "you're disappearing..." he said not sure of what he's seeing, you looked down at yourself and you realized you can see Optimus's servo through your body, you're disappearing.

"Haha, I guess this is the end of my story." you laughed and grin up at Smokescreen who have, tears? In his optics. "No, you can't. There have to be a way to save Optimus without you sacrificing." he said looking around to find anything that might help.

"You grown up a lot since we first met." you said, start saying your last words. "You will make a great warrior. It's your destiny." you can feel tears forming in your eyes but you try your hardest to hold it back, not wanting this to finish in tears but in a smile. When you're almost invisible the forge let out a bright light that blinded you and Smokescreen.

"(y/n)" you can hear him sob.

"I'll be watching over the you and the team. Meeting you guys is the best thing that happened in my lives." you said letting the tears roll down your cheek when he can't see because of the bright light.

"I'll miss you." you heard him said. It's just three words but there's so much meaning inside it, it filled you chest with warmth. You felt like you're wanted, you have a home.

All the memories when you were with the bots came up. When you joined the team, when Smokescreen wouldn't stop following you, when you got kidnapped, when you and Megatron had a fight, when you and the Autobots reunited, when everything started and ended. You couldn't help but grin when these memories play themselves in your head. There good memories and bad memories but it's all your memories, memories that's precious to you. You closed your eyes you thought you're ready until you remembered you still have one more thing to do.

"Tell Optimus 'Please save him'" you said as your last wish before disappearing to join the Allspark, now. You are ready. 

A/N

I feel like this chapter goes a bit too quick but you get the story. right?