Chapter 18

"Smokescreen. Turn back." You said, just not feeling right even you agreed on Optimus's decision.

"But I need to keep you safe." He said stopping the car.

"And let Optimus fight Megatron and the Decepticons alone? I don't care about what Optimus said, we all know that he sent us away but he is not coming with us." You said, "turn back!"

Smokescreen sighed but said "Glad you said so, so i won't get in trouble." he transformed with a relief grin on his face that he doesn't have to drive away and leaving the leader there alone. He put you on his shoulder and put the phase shifter on his left arm. "Just incase" you heard him said. "Now, hold on tight." he said before running towards the closing ground bridge. 'Bang' you heard before you knew it you're in the base. Well, the place that were the base. It looked like there was a massive explosion in the base, nothing was in the same shape it was before, everything around you is burning and melting. Not far away there's some Decepticons out there searching for something, probably any survivors or the body.

"There." Smokescreen said pointing at something with his mouth wide open.

You turn to the direction he's pointing and you saw the Prime in a pile of rocks half dead. Smokescreen bent down to pull Optimus out using the phase shifter. You can feel the heat of the fire around you burning your skin when Smokescreen bent down, but you ignore the pain and help Smokescreen look out for the cons while he get Optimus out of the pile.

"Smoke, cons coming this way." you said to him about a thirty seconds later right after he got Optimus out.

"Got it." he said while carrying Optimus on his back. And activate the phase shifter bringing the three of you under ground. You don't know how long you've been going down but you stopped when you guys meet a tunnel. Smokescreen lay Optimus down on the ground. He put you next to Optimus then stood up sit on a rock next to you.

"What do we go now?" Smokescreen asked as you examine Optimus's condition with your eyes, he looked fragile like if you touched him he's going to break into pieces. His usual red and blue paint job is now mostly yellow black colour because of the fire, his arms are broken and rusted the glasses are all cracked and there's some pieces missing from his face plate, scratches all over the place. You have never seen the prime so broken and rusted in both your lives.

"We wait." you said. You know you can't use your healing power to save Optimus, it's not strong enough. All you can do now is wait for the Prime to come back into conscious

Both you can Smokescreen didn't talk at all just waiting for any sign of hope. After for like centuries of waiting Optimus let out a groan. You turned to look at him while smokescreen stand up from where he was sitting and came kneeling down next to the leader.

"It's okay Optimus." Smokescreen said. "You're with us, Smokescreen and (Y/n)."

Optimus turned to look at Smokescreen and you, using all the strength he had and asked "How-did I-get here?"

Smokescreen explained to him what happen after the evacuation of the base. Optimus looked very tired and trying to stay awake to the end of the story of why he's here.

"Um, I'm sorry to defied your orders." Smokescreen said looking down ashamed. "We're safe here, but we're down so deep no one can pick up our signals." he said changing the subject and comforting the injured leader. "I'll have to scout above ground from what I have any hope of discovering Ratchet." Smokescreen said looking up to the rocks above us. He stood up and was going to go up above ground but Optimus stopped him.

"No." Optimus said through his breath. "No hope."

"What do you mean no hope? There's always hope." you said to the leader not understanding it.

"The Doc's the only one who can get you patched up." Smokescreen said staring at optimus to for answers. But the leader fallen back into recharge with heavy breathes.

"Optimus?" Smokescreen asked but Optimus was deep in recharge.

"I'll be back."Smokescreen said to you while activating the phase shifter.

"Smokescreen wait." You called out to him but it's too late he was gone. You climbed onto the rock Smokescreen was sitting earlier and stared at Optimus. His chest rising and falling slowly in a peaceful rhythm. Your mind started to wonder off while staring at Optimus. Where are the other? Are they okay? For all you know you three could be the only one alive/ What happened to Agent Fowler and Wheeljack? How are the Autobot's suppose to meet up without knowing where to go? Questions that cannot be answered start to fill your mind, What's going to happen to Optimus? Is he going to die? What will happen then? You shake your head trying to get rid of that bad thoughts. Everything going to fine, there's always hope. Right? You can't help but question it, if there's actually no hope this time. If you actually lost the war.

You looked up to the sound of the phase shifter and saw Smokescreen walked through the wall. It only feel like a few minute past when smokescreen left but it's probably longer.

"I'm back." SMokescreen said looking at you then at Optimus.

Optimus opened his optics and made some sound trying to say something.

"I came through every square micron of our old base, I couldn't find Ratchet's medical kit. Not even an bandage." Smokescreen explained.

"The forge" Optimus said with a weak voice, "of solus prime."

"It's gone too." Smokescreen said with apologies look. "It's gone too, the cons picked the place clean." Optimus only sighed then closed his optics again.

"Try not to talk so much Optimus." you remind the blue and red bot. "You need more rest."

"Wait." Smokescreen said like he just figured something out. "If you have the forge you can fix yourself up, power of the primes. Optimus, hang on a little longer. That hammer got to be somewhere in Megatron's fortress." He said with a stern look like there's no turning back.

"You're not going." You said to the young bot. "What get you get captured?" you asked trying to stop from turning himself in.

"It's worth a try." He said giving you and ensuring smile before walking into the walls again