0.5: When the Heart Forgets

"Wait. This is wrong." You said pushing him away gently before you get tempted to hug him back.

You shook your head, shook away the memories, his scent, the feelings. He stepped back and leaned against the kitchen counter. He let out a sigh.

"I only came here and agreed to talk to you because I want to ask for divorce." You told him making him weak, almost too weak to stay standing.
"Divorce?"
"I know we're married, but I want to be with Wonwoo."

You saw tears drop on the floor. It hurts you, seeing him hurt. You want to hug him and tell him it's okay but that would be lying. Nothing is okay.

"Do you love him?"
"Ne. Please let me go."
"You said you'll never let go of me, but you're asking me now to let you go?! Do you think it's just that easy?! To let go of someone I want to have forever?! Why are you doing this to me?! It's driving me crazy! HOW CAN I LET GO OF YOU?! TELL ME! HOW CAN YOU EXPECT TO LET GO AFTER LOOKING FOR YOU?! I NEVER GAVE UP ON SEARCHING FOR YOU! I WON'T GIVE UP NOW THAT I FOUND YOU!" His reply slowly turned into him shouting.

He's shaking from anger. You don't know why. Maybe he's mad at himself for not being able to keep you to himself. You just looked away. You hear the boys run to peek at what's happening. He's crying. You know how he doesn't like being seen as someone weak by them. He wants to be someone they can lean on and hold onto. You hugged him and patted his back.

"Hajima. Seungcheol, hajima. It's over. Find someone else. Replace me. Remove me from your heart."

He cried against your shoulder. He held onto you tightly. Your sleeve is now wet from his tears. You looked to your left and saw the boys peeking. You shook your head to tell them to go, all of them including Wonwoo. They went back to the living room.

"Can you at least give me a chance? Let me remind you. Please." He said.
"Of what?"
"Of what your heart forgot."

You nodded realizing you're crying too. You do remember. You remember how he feels about being seen crying by the boys. You remember. But, did your heart really forget? Or, is it just in denial?