Chapter 1 I Wish

The world around me spins and spins until I fall straight onto my bum. "Alice Darling, why do you mess everything up? You need impress your future husband and his family, not disgust them! You have to show how graceful you are, not how clumsy!" my mother,Agatha, yelled. "Mother why must I practice for hours on such a beautiful day? My legs are in pain and this frilly dress constantly annoys me." I groaned my body ached from practicing my ballet routine. I have been practicing to impress my future husband to marry, but why do I have to marry someone I do not love?

"You will never marry with constant complaining! Think about someone else besides yourself! Do you not want to keep your family's wealth? Do you want us to go to the poor house?" she barked. My father, a kind man with a smile that always brighten the darkest of rooms walked inside the room. Now now Agatha my love why don't you let the poor girl rest? Let her enjoy the lovely summer weather," my father smiled at my direction. A weak smile formed on my face, but was quickly erased as the pain in my feet increased.

My mother groaned "Must you always give her the reason? When will she learn that a pretty face will not earn a husband? She's completely useless, stupid, fat, clumsy and a fool!" I felt my eyes sting, never have I heard such heart wrenching comments from my mother. I stood up and ran out of my home, crying. With my father yelling out my name and my mother growling like a dog.

I ran for what seemed like miles, my throbbing feet ached much more now than before. I did not stop until I reached a secret place of mine.

A pond, hidden away from the world, surrounded by trees and covered by bushes. I often stayed here with or those who I once called friends. Before they chose money over me and popularity over compassion.

I sat next to the sparkling pond, letting the sound of nature take away my worries. I closed my eyes and rested my head against a soft pillow of grass. By now the sun was setting and the moon was raising, mother must be furious.Nonetheless I can't go back, I can't go back to a place where I will only be broken even more.

"I wish that I could go to a land where I could be happy and free. where everything is as beautiful as my secret place and as placid as the evening sky," I yawned before sleep took over. I let my woes go and let the land of dreams take me.

hello my name is Ellie and im the author of this story. Please comment what you think so far don't hesitate to ask or suggest anything. Thank you :)