Chapter 2: Taking a Bullet for them.

Italics are Tucker’s thoughts. They are important in understanding him. They will help you understand his secret later on. Remember to see what is said before the thought and what the thought is about.

 Tucker’s P.O.V.

"Take a seat. It’s a long discussion.” I said without any emotion. I gestured for the guy to sit next to me. He was totally beyond pissed off at me; I could see that much.

 “What’s your name young man?” The guy asked quietly as he seated himself.

“The name is Tucker and yours?” I replied politely, trying to be as professional as possible. I was extremely nervous about going through with this talk, but I needed too.

“Paul. I am the boy’s security manager. Wherever they go, I go.” He replied smiling and it made me feel a bit better about the talk.  “So…”he let it drag on before finishing, “What have the boys done to invoke someone like you to step in?” He raised his eyebrow questioningly.

“This incident happened last night Paul, probably without you even knowing they left. It was about eleven at night.” I said smoothly, giving off no indication that I was nervous. “I heard gunshots, saw the boys run out and they ran over to me, asking for help. I decided to help them and we went back to my apartment. I didn’t realize it was One Direction until I turned around. After a while, I asked a question and was knocked out—“I pointed at the boys. “By one of them!” I heard a sigh and looked back at Paul, who held a complete poker face.

I saw his eyes shoot bullets at the boys when his face turned toward them. They would be riddled with the bullets and left for dead. –I need to stop wanting that awful idea to happen whenever I’m mad at someone- Their faces were priceless yet again and I couldn’t help, but snicker at their fright. Paul didn’t even bother to face me, because he also started to laugh; which confused the shit out of me, but I laughed harder. The boys didn’t move at all. They were frozen like a deer in headlights, while we laughed our asses off. After a while I slowed down to see Paul looking at me. I raised my eyebrow questioningly this time.

“Yes Paul, I am telling the truth if that is your mental thought. Which it is. I can tell by your facial expressions.” I replied confidently and honestly.

“H-How did you know that was what I was thinking?” His eyes grew wide and he looked shocked.

“It’s part of my job Paul. You know? I am supposed to read people to see if they are lying and also looking over the evidence. I am also extremely proficient with firearms if that helps.” I smiled at the comment that floated from my mouth. I glanced over to the boys, who still hadn’t moved at all. I snickered lightly again. “You guys alright? I am waiting for you to sit down as well.” I pointed to the chairs near me. They slowly walked over to sit down. They looked like defeated children, which they were.

Paul still kept his eyes on them as they seated themselves. I had felt slightly sad for them before remembering last night. I grew really angry and glared at them as well. I reached for my badge and put it back on the clip, while gunning them down with my eyes. –Seriously? I did it again!- I heard a small sigh before my eyes wondered back to Paul. He looked so lost for words.

“Paul? You okay?” I asked quietly, trying not to startle him.

“I-I-I don’t know.” His reply was confused and sad. There was no anger in his voice, just the feeling of sadness. “We need to get going boys. This is so much for me to handle. I will not call management.” The boy’s eyes lit up at what he was saying, almost in disbelief. “On one condition boys.” They eagerly nodded and waited for his response. “Tucker comes with us as a bodyguard for you guys and a guidance counselor.”