Chapter 5: Gunfire and Eyes

Niall’s P.O.V.

I watched as Tucker blacked out after I said I was an alien prince. I knew it was a lie and I wasn’t ready to tell him what I really was. He would most likely have the same reaction if I told him the truth. I knew he really meant well and he was really trying to figure things out. I could feel that he wanted to be my friend and the boys as well, but we were making it difficult for him. I felt my cell phone ring instead of buzz this time. Liam’s calling me probably to ask about Tucker.

“Hello” I said sliding my phone to answer.

“Niall how is Tucker?” Liam’s voice was calm and I totally called it.

“Well I told him I was an alien prince.” I replied honestly, which earned an honest laugh from  Liam. “He kinda fainted as well.” I added on.

“Well at least you didn’t tell him the truth. How close are you to Seattle?” Liam asked seriously.

“We are landing right now.” I chuckled. “I am not that stupid Li to tell him. These, like Louis said, are our secrets and no one needs to know. See you in five.” I said and hung up the phone. I looked over at Tucker who started to wake up. “Well look who is finally waking up.”

He opened his eyes and sat up. He was staring straight at me and I actually felt really uncomfortable with it. His eyes were drilling into my soul and for some reason I didn’t want to break eye contact with him because it felt like it would be a bad idea. Tucker broke eye contact with me when he felt the plane stop.

“We’re here?” He asked staring out of the plane’s window.

“Yep.” I replied popping the ‘p’.

“Finally. I can’t wait to begin.” His voice took a serious tone and it almost was threatening. Since he woke up from blacking out; he has seemed different. I couldn’t place my finger on it, but he felt familiar all of a sudden.

We both retrieved our carry-on luggage and swiftly departed from the plane. I glanced over at Tucker and he seemed on edge. I knew he was going to make an amazing guard, but I didn’t realize that he took his job that seriously. I looked from Tucker’s face to his hip when I saw a glint of something shiny catch my eye. I saw the glint again and moved a little further away from him. He was packing a .44 magnum on his hip. I didn’t even notice it before. Tucker stopped all of a sudden and looked to the right as if he heard something. I turned to face his direction and didn’t see anything. Suddenly without warning he was pushing me to the ground while pulling his gun out and facing it in the direction of the plane behind us. I hurt really bad because he literally made me drop. I slowly with some difficulty turned my face and saw our pilot Richard appearing with a gun in his hand.

Tucker let go off me and shouted at me. “Run Niall. Run to the cars.” He pointed at three black vehicles that were racing past the private airport security gates. He didn’t need to tell me twice. I got up and booked it toward the cars. –Wait, how did he know those were our security vehicles.- I was taken out of my thoughts when the sound of gunfire began. I sprinted harder and soon reached the cars which had fully stopped now.

The doors flew open from the first two cars, letting some of our big burly guards appear. They quickly passed me and ran toward the gunfire. I saw the other four appear from the third car and run toward me.

“Niall! Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?” Liam’s voice was full of panic and anger.

“Nialler, how did you not get hurt?” Zayn asked as he hugged me.

“Niall, what happened?” Harry asked with his eyes focusing on mine.

“Did Tucker hurt you at all?” Louis questioned as he hugged me.